"𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬?" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41

grace had already been at the hospital, since 4am. she made sure she was going to see callie every morning. she wanted to do the best on her boards, she was specialising in two different areas of surgery after all.

❀❀❀

there had been a trauma come into the hospital, and grace was with a patient in the trauma room.
"37 year old male, hypotensive in the field, resolved with fluids. open proximal humerus fracture and multiple lacerations" the EMT explained to grace, as she checked the patients wounds.

"and an espresso machine did this?" grace asked, in shock.

"blew him clear across the ship and into some shelves, and the parts that didn't hit him went through that wall and into the next store" the EMT went on and explained.

"alright, let's page dr torres and, uh, dr hunt" grace told one of the nurses. "he's got shrapnel in his chest" she revealed, as she checked his chest. "uh let's page cardio"

"angie" the man panicked. "is angie okay?" he asked, as he lay there in pain.

"who's angie? is that your wife?" grace asked him, as she got out her stethoscope.

"my barista" he revealed. grace looked at him in a funny way as she listened to his heart beat.

❀❀❀

cristina had got to the room where grace was and she started listening to his heart. grace was writing on his patient chart, when callie walked in.

"i need to get in there" she said, as grace moved over to the side to let callie look at the patient.

"we've got a white out on the right" hunt announced. "yang, chest tube"

cristina went to do the chest tube, as she started asking owen about his night. grace looked up from what she was doing and quickly looked at them before talking to the patient.

"okay, devin. we're gonna give you some pain meds and we're gonna put a tube in your chest that will drain the blood and you will start to feel a lot better" grace informed him, and she gave him a quick smile.

they needed to get devin to ct, so grace called them. "hi, this is dr donahue. i need a ct angio"

the patient began saying how he didn't want to worry his parents with them being old, he then asked if they could let angie know he's okay.

"i'm sorry. who's angie?" torres asked him.

"uh, the burned barista in trauma one" grace told her.

❀❀❀

grace and cristina went to ct, to check the patient's chest. "sir, we're just going to take a scan of your chest and your arms" grace smiled. "so just try to relax"

"my friend angie, is s-she okay?" devin asked them.

"she's got some bad burns, but she'll be fine" cristina nodded.

"it's my fault for going in during the rush. she gets too flustered around me" devin admitted, which caused grace to let out a small chuckle.
"and the sexual tension's been building up for months, you know. a look here, a smile there, it can be hard to focus with all those pheromones buzzing around you" he told them. "i should've known it's become dangerous"