"𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞? 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔

again? another crash? another car accident?

grace woke up and she was in a trauma room, surrounded by her fellow doctors. "what-what do we got?" grace asked them, thinking she was there to help with a patient and not realising she was the patient.

"grace, sit back down" altman ordered, as she gently put her back down. "i need to examine you"

"no, i need to- i need to help my patient" grace snapped, trying to get back up.

"woah, woah, woah" alex repeated as he ran to grace's side. "you and jackson were in a car accident, grace. we're gonna get you checked out" he explained.

"jackson?" grace mumbled, trying to think. "jackson" she exclaimed remembering, what had happened. "where is he? is he okay?" she panicked.

"calm down, it's okay. he's okay" alex smiled holding her hand to try and comfort her. "he's in the other trauma room, he's going okay"

"what- i-i was in car accident?" she questioned, since she was in shock and was confused.

"yes. you were in a car accident, dr donahue" altman nodded. "please, i know you're scared, but try and stay still so i can examine you" she said trying to keep grace down.

grace looked at alex, and he gently nodded. she got back down on and lay there, as they looked to see what was wrong with her.

❀❀❀

a neurosurgeon had checked grace's brain function, and had found a tiny bleed, which was operable luckily and could easily be removed.

her leg was broken, since it was trapped in the car. however, it was fixable.

❀❀❀

torres and the neurosurgeon who was going to be performing grace's surgery went to her room to tell her what was wrong with her. "alright, so you have a tiny bleed right here" the neurosurgeon explained showing grace the scan. "but..."

"it's operable and easy to remove?" grace questioned finishing his sentence with a smile.

"and as you already know your leg, we will be doing surgery on that at some point this week as well" callie told her, and she nodded.

"so i'll be stuck in this bed for how long?" grace sighed, thinking about it being stuck there and unable to see to her patients.

"maybe 3 weeks at the most" the neurosurgeon nodded, holding the scan behind his back.

they heard knocking at the door, it was jackson. he was on crutches and had a cast on his arm. he also had some stitches on his face.

"hey" he quietly said as he walked in, on the crutches.

"we'll give you two some space" callie smiled, as her and the neurosurgeon walked out.

"i have to have surgery" grace told him, as he stood hunched on the crutches.

"i know" he nodded. he felt guilty for the crash, but grace didn't blame him. she knew it wasn't his fault, it was the other car's fault.

"hey, don't feel guilty" grace smiled, as she motioned him to come and sit on the bed with her. "it wasn't your fault and we're going to be fine" she chuckled sweetly.