𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟖

grace had woken up to find out that jackson had slept on the couch. she had a shower, before making herself some food.

shortly after she made her breakfast jackson woke up. there was awkward silence between the two, before grace eventually broke it.

"uh, do you want to talk about it?" grace asked him, as she placed her spoon back inside the bowl.

"talk about how you quit your job, sure" jackson sarcastically replied, as grace sighed.

"jackson, i couldn't let them down. we needed to do this"

"no" he stated shaking his head. "you did not need to do this" he scoffed, as he paced around. "why are you doing this, grace" he asked.

"please jackson, enlighten me. what am i doing?" she yelled, as she stood up from the chair.

"you're doing what they want you to do and not what you want to do" he yelled back.

grace scoffed at his words, as she shook her head. he was wrong. she wanted to do this. he was the one who didn't want her to.

grace felt a sharp, tight pain across her lower abdomen. she let out a small gasp, as she clung onto her stomach.

"grace!" jackson yelled, as she ran over to his wife and placed his arm around her.

"i'm-" she started, before she felt the same pain again. "i'm okay" she told him finishing what she was saying.

"no, we've got to get you to the the hospital" he cautioned, with a panicked face.

"it's alright" grace calmly told him. "it's just-" she said, before the pain happened again. "braxton hicks" she told him.

"i don't know, grace" he sighed.

"but, i do" she told him, with reassuring eyes. "look, i'll sit down here and rest for a bit and if they don't stop after ten minutes, we'll go to the hospital?" she suggested.

"alright" he slowly nodded, as he sat down with her on the couch.

there was silence between the two, as they waited for the ten minutes. "i'm sorry for yelling" jackson told grace, as she gave him a soft smile.

"it's alright. i understand, i quit and didn't talk to you about it, but you need to understand that i can't tell you" she sighed. "believe me, i want to. it would be a lot easier not only for you, but for me if i could. i just can't"

jackson slowly nodded, he was beginning to understand a little better.

it had now been a week, since they quit. they had been informed the hospital was falling apart.

the braxton hicks contractions grace had been experiencing were thankfully gone, which was great since they were causing her a lot of discomfort.

jackson was at work, so grace had the house to herself. she wasn't used to being home alone a lot more frequently. it did feel quite boring at times. she was folding up the laundry when she heard a knock at the door.

as she opened the door, she saw her mother-in-law, catherine avery stood at the door. "catherine, how nice to see you" she smiled, as she embraced her hug, hiding her shocked face.