"𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 22

it was the day before luke and jessica's wedding. graces parents were in seattle for the wedding of course and they decided to host a brunch for luke and jess.

it was just going to be grace and luke's parents, jess' mom, grace, jackson and of course the future mr and mrs.

it was a tradition in the donahue family to do the engagement/pre wedding, depending when it happened, brunch to celebrate.

grace had a shower and did her makeup. she kept it nice and simple, however she did do a classic red lip.

she went to her closet and couldn't decide what to wear. she then decided on just going for a crisp white shirt and some blue jeans, and then some cute block heels to dress it up slightly, but keep it still casual.

 she then decided on just going for a crisp white shirt and some blue jeans, and then some cute block heels to dress it up slightly, but keep it still casual

(outfit i used for inspiration)

however, there was nothing casual about donahue brunches, they were always so extra. "i'm just warning you, there is nothing subtle about a donahue brunch" grace warned jackson as she packed her bag.

he was buttoned up his shirt in the mirror, "grace, it'll be okay. plus i'm an avery, i can handle a little extra" he chuckled.

"okay, i'm just warning you" grace laughed. "talking about your family, i still haven't got the chance to meet your mom" she pointed out.

"oh, uh well i don't really speak to her unless she's in town, she's got no boundaries, nothing" jackson explained.

"but jackson, we do live together and we're pretty serious. also you've met my crazy mom"

"okay, i promise you can soon" jackson said kissing her.

"anyways how do i look" grace smiled as she did a twirl, and a small laugh.

"perfect" jackson smiled. "and me?" he asked, doing a twirl as well for a joke.

"perfect"

they got to the garden restaurant early, to help grace's parents set up, before luke, jess and jess' mum arrived.

the brunch was taking place in a flower garden, it was a very beautiful setting. "i told you nothing subtle about donahue"
grace whispered.

"ah grace and jackson" mr donahue smiled, as he hugged grace and shook jackson's hand.

"hi dad" grace smiled.

"good morning mr donahue" jackson smiled.

"please jackson, call me tony" mr donahue laughed. "your mother is over there preparing the flower bouquets, you may want to give her a bit of help" he said to grace.