𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏

(there will be transitions to flashbacks throughout this whole chapter. they will all be in italics)

grace made her way to dr carter's office. he was a psychologist at seattle grace. she took a deep breath, before entering the room.

he offered her a glass of water. she sat down and took sips of it.

dr carter was a fairly young man. he was probably in his late 30s/ early 40s.

"so dr donahue" dr carter smiled as he sat down at the table as well. "i think we both know why you're here. the plane crash" he stated.

grace took a deep breath, and took a sip of her water. "yes" she quietly said.

"can you tell me what it was like in the woods?" he asked her, as he held his pen in his hand writing on her chart.

"uh.." she mumbled. "uh, it was-it was terrifying to be honest" she told him.

"and why would you say it was terrifying?" he asked her.

"why wouldn't i?" she stated with furrowed eyebrows. "would you not think being stranded for days with no food, having to find unsanitary sources of water to live, watching your best friend die, and hearing all sorts of animals growling and fighting over he body" grace said as began tearing up, before finishing. "having to perform crazy procedures on your friends just to buy them more time." she snapped. "would you not be terrified?" she asked him with a broken voice.

he just lightly nodded. he was quite speechless really. grace took a deep breath and took another sip of water.

"and what is the first thing you remember, after you left the..." he said before clearing his throat. "the woods"

grace shifted her body slightly, and tried to think about what she could remember after leaving the woods.

grace was lying on the cold woodland floor. her face resting on dirt and leaves. she heard a huge noise. it was a helicopter, suddenly the whole week came back to her. she got flash backs from it all.

the next thing grace knew was that she was in a dark hospital room, surrounded by doctors she didn't recognise. "i need to-i need to get home" she groaned, as she felt them all examining her.

"dr donahue, you're here in boise. you were in a plane crash. we're here to help" a doctors told her.

she suddenly, once again, got the flashbacks from the crash and being in the woods.

"i-i have to help" grace told them, as she tried to sit up. "i need to help them. get these things off me" she cried referring to the tubes that were on her.

"dr donahue, you're at the hospital in boise. you're safe. you don't need to help anyone right now" the doctor reassured her.

"w-where are my friends?" she asked still trying to move. "i have to find them" she told them, as they grabbed her to keep her on the bed. "let me go!" she cried out. "i need to find my friends"

"dr donahue, some of the hospital staff are on their way to see you all" the doctor told her.
"jackson?" she asked with deep eyes.

"i'm not sure, ma'am"

"do you remember anything?" dr carter asked her. she was still sat there thinking. her leg was bouncing up and down as she was feeling nervous.

"i was confused" grace nodded. "i didn't know where i was" she admitted.

"okay" dr carter nodded, writing stuff down on her chart. "can you remember what happened after that?"

"uh, uh, i-i went with meredith to see, uh, cristina" she told him. "we were both in hospital gowns, with bandages on his and everything. i couldn't walk properly, i couldn't feel my foot, so who knew what was wrong with it"