"...𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 26

the residents were stood at the nurses station, looking through patients files. meredith stormed over to alex. "so they're probably going to fire me" she said, causing all of the residents to look up and listen. "are you happy?"

"oh, come on" alex scoffed. "they're not gonna-"

"i want your crap out of my house by the end of the day" meredith snapped, before walking off.

grace looked at jackson with a confused and concerned expression. "what the hell was that?" cristina asked alex, until suddenly all of their pagers began beeping.

"a 757 went down in the sound. we're looking at about 200 injured passengers. we're the designated crisis center" dr webber explained to the staff. "families will be instructed to come here to find their loved ones. we're activating surge protocol. dr hunt is going to grace running the show. it's gonna be chaotic. you need to listen carefully, you need to stay focused. do not contribute to the panic." he said. "now get to your stations"

"dr bailey, let's clear any beds that we can. discharge or transfer" hunt demanded.

"uh we might need a candy man" april pointed out.

"dr sloan will be pour candy man" hunt replied. "let's be liberal with pain meds for our victims and sedatives for patients that we are moving"

"uh avery can help him out" hunt ordered. "let's move people"

grace went with alex to the supply closet to get some stuff for the traumas. cristina walked in, she seemed to be annoyed with alex.

"you know, she's the only one who ever gave a rats ass about you, and now you might have destroyed her career" cristina snapped. "you should find some skanky intern to love you, cause next time you're in a burning building, no one is handing you a glass of water" she scolded, before storming out.

alex looked over at grace with a sad look. "alex, don't look at me like that" grace sighed. "whatever you did, must have been really bad for you to almost destroy mer's career"

alex didn't say anything he just carried on getting the supplies. she sighed to herself, as she shook her head, before turning to look at him. "okay don't say anything, but all i'm saying is, is that i think cristina has a point" grace admitted. "well i do still care about you, but still meredith has been there for you through so much, and i don't think she deserved whatever you did by the sounds of it" she told before walking out.

they all sat waiting for the plane crash victims to arrive. "still nobody?" lexie asked as she walked in the ER. "their family are going crazy. what is taking so long?"

"well, fishing 200 people out of the water is slow business" mark stated.

"you want to play angry birds?" he asked her, but she didn't say anything.

"they'll do triage at the waterfront. it takes time" hunt informed her. "actually if they're taking this long there's gonna be a lot of hypothermia. kepner!"

"oh yeah. warm blankets, heated lamps and heated IV fluids. got it" april listed, as she went to get them.

"you post chief resident yet?" sloan asked hunt.