"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 43

"a lion?" grace asked meredith with a furrowed face.
"an actual lion?" cristina repeated with the same expression.

"yes! looking at me like i was lunch" meredith remarked.
"are you sure it wasn't a mountain lion?" grace asked, as she didn't believe it.
"or a well fed cat?" cristina added.
"i was staring at simba" meredith chuckled.

they looked in front of him and there was daniel. standing with his perfect hair and smile, in light blue scrubs. grace could've been sick just looking at him.

"who's the new hottie fifth year" cristina smirked.
"don't" grace snapped. "that is my ex, he's is a cheating, lying, disgusting-"

grace went on before she had to stop as he approached them. "grace" he smiled.
"ass face" she replied with a sarcastic smile.

"rivera, you're on my service" hunt said passing him the patient file. grace just scoffed and walked off. owen tried to speak to cristina, but she just ignored it and followed grace.

❀❀❀

grace went to go and find dr altman, since she was on her service today. they went to the ER, since altman was being paged.

"can you describe the pain?" dr altman asked the old man, he was lying down groaning in pain.

"i don't know, i just uh. it's like a it's- it's crushing me" the old man complained, barley being able to get his words out.

"hand me the EKG" altman asked grace, and she passed it to her. "it looks like anterolateral mi" grace told her.

"we almost didn't come in" the old women who was accompanying told them. "we're only in town till tomorrow. we're catching a cruise for alaska"

"mr carroll, you're experiencing a heart attack" altman informed him. "we need to take you up to the cath lab, for an angioplasty"

"could you tell us what you were doing when you felt the chest pain?" grace asked him.
"we just went out to walk around our bed and breakfast and, uh, it was like a piano fell on my chest" he explained.

"so you were walking? you weren't running or anything else that might've triggered the pain?" altman asked him.

mr and mrs carroll looked at each other and began to chuckle to each other. "well..." she chuckled. grace's eyes went wide at what she assumed it would be.

"we saw a lion" she revealed laughing. grace looked at altman and she looked back at her.

❀❀❀

"i'm sorry, explain it again" mrs carroll asked dr altman and grace.
"during the angioplasty, mr carroll had another heart attack" grace explained. "we placed a balloon pump to stabilize him, but that only buys us a little time"

"they're gonna have to do surgery, emma" mr carroll groaned.

"but he's-he's going to be okay?" mrs carroll nodded with hope in her eyes.
"if we can perform a coronary artery bypass soon, i'm hopeful that we have caught it in enough time" altman reassured her.

"i am so sorry, em" mr carroll groaned again. "you've been waiting for the trip for 50 years"

grace formed a frown, she felt so bad for the couple. "this cruise was a... gift. from our kids for our anniversary" mr carroll told teddy and grace. "and now i've messed it all up"

"you didn't mess anything up" mrs carroll reassured him. "you wanted to see those humpback whales so bad" mr carroll shook his head.

"forget the whales" mrs carroll chuckled, as she gently stroked her husbands face. "we came face to face with a lion"
"yes we did" me carroll agreed.