↳ 🔥 caricature || shy-artist!reader 🌺🌺

tw:

requested by Yeet_Kid_owo

y/n's pov~

I was sitting in my normal area in the park, I go there on weekends or when I'm off work. I sit there with all my drawing supplies and if someone wants to pay the very small fee of $10 (yeah i know wilbur's not american and probably uses £ but-) then I'll draw them, caricature style. I don't make much from it, but it's still a fun hobby I dabble in.

Somehow, even though I draw people in a busy park, I'm still very shy. When people come up to be drawn, I don't talk to them all that much, unless it's the first interaction or they're making very very small talk. I'm not very good with social interactions. However, people never complain so I must be doing something right.

Today it was Saturday, I had a weekend off work, and I wanted to relax in the park with the birds and fresh air, and maybe draw some people if they wondered over.

I put up my drawing stand in front of the bench, in front of that I set a little homemade sign that tells people and customers what I do. As I wait I turn to my sketchbook, working on my most recent drawing, of Emma Watson.

"Excuse me?" A deep voice comes, interrupting my thoughts and drawing.

I look up to see a very tall dark-haired man standing in front of me.

"H-hello. How can I help you?"

"Well according to this little thing," He points to the sign. "you'll draw me," He smiles.

"Sense of humor I see," I smile as well as I grab paper and a pencil. "Would you like colors or no colors?"

"Uh... No colors." He smiles.

"Okay, sit down on that bench right there," I point to the bench in front of me. "At first just give me a smile but then you can move."

"Okay, thanks!"

He turned and sat down then looks back at me, smiling. I examine his face and then turn to my paper.

"So how long do these usually take?" He asks.

"Not very long, 20 minutes, maybe, maybe a half hour? But they aren't realistic style so it takes less time."

"Ahh. Okay."

I start sketching out his face shape.

"Has anyone ever drawn you?"

I try to hide my laugh. Quite chatty. "Um, no. I don't think so."

"After you're done drawing me can I try and draw you?"

I look up at him. "W-why?"

"Well you're very pretty, and I want to get better at drawing."

My face goes red and I look back down to hide it. "Maybe." I say.

"Okay!"

About 3 minutes pass and I just draw him and he doesn't talk.

"So how long have you been drawing?"

"A very long time."

"Nice. Hey, if you dont mind me asking, what's your name?"

"y/n. And yours?"

"Wilbur. You have a very pretty name." Once again I was hiding my blush by looking down at my paper. "How often do people ask you to draw them?"

"When I come here I usually get four or five depending how long I stay here. You know you ask a lot of questions."

"Well since I'm going to be here for a little bit I thought we'd get to know each other. What do people usually do while you draw them?"

"Talk to their friends on the phone, scroll through Instagram, pause every few minutes to complain how long I'm taking."

"People are so impatient. How can they not want to stay here for a while?"

"W-what do you mean by that?" This is the largest conversation I've ever had with someone outside my family in my whole life. Something about Wilbur, even though I just met him I can tell he's a easy-to-talk-to person.

"I mean, this park is gorgeous, and so are you, so win-win. There's beautiful scenery."

"T-thank you." I mutter very softly, again, blushing.

I finally finish the drawing. "There." I hand him the piece of paper.

"Wow. You're really talented."

"Why thank you."

"My turn?"

I giggle. "Sure." I stand and walk around to the other bench, taking his spot, while he takes mine.

"Just a little warning, I'm not good at drawing, like at all."

"I-I'm sure it'll look fine," I mumble.

"Thank you." He must have good hearing.

I stay pretty quiet and don't start any conversation as he draws me. But still he's persistent on getting me to talk.

"What days do you usually come down here, and how long do you usually stay?"

"What are my hours?" I laugh quietly.

"Yeah, what are your hours?" He joins in the quiet laughter.

"Usually on weekends, and I come on days I get off sometimes. And I usually come from noon to six. Why?"

"I just want to know when I'll get to see you."

I giggle slightly nervous.

A somewhat short time passes and he interrupts that silence that was created by saying, "I'm done... I guess." He laughs.

"Okay let me see!"

"No it's bad!" He wines.

"I'll tell you okay?" He shows me. I laugh. "Okay it's pretty bad. But you can get better!! I can help you." I smile.

"That sounds good. Hey, maybe you can give me your number, you know, so you can tell me when I can come here and learn."

I laugh. "Creative reasoning," I say smirking.

"Or you could give me your number so I can call you and we can figure out when we're both free for a date in that bakery over there."

I smile. "Hand me your phone."

"Perfect." He reaches for his back pocket.

surprise i'm updating. guys i'm not sure if ill be updating my karl x reader anytime soon but i promise i'm gonna keep updating this and the mcyt chat book when i get the chance and motivation :)