↳ 🔥 cheater || [platonic] 🥀🥀

tw:

requested by gamertosinka

y/n's pov~

It was me and my boyfriend, Jared's, two year anniversary. He was planning on picking me up tonight at 8 for a "lovely dinner." It was only 6 pm so I was playing Minecraft with my best friend for a stream of his. He has a twitch channel where he's called 'Wilbur Soot.' So for his stream he was having me play on a Minecraft world, we were trying to speedrun, but, I kind of suck.

I was actually rather nervous about me and Jared's date tonight. He said he was taking me to a fancy restaurant. Me, being me, began to overthink. What if he proposes? Or even worse, what if he decides to break up with me and he's taking me to a restaurant to spare my feelings? What would I say if he proposed? I'm not ready for marriage yet, I'm way to young. And we've only been dating for two yea-

My thoughts were interrupted by Wil shouting. I was in the office with him, so it was extremely loud. "y/n!"

"Sorry!" I had almost gotten us blown up by a creeper.

"Pay attention!"

"Sorry I'm kind of distracted by the idea of my two year anniversary date tonight Wilbur."

"Oh right! Chat, wish y/n and her boyfriend a happy two year! What time is he picking you up?"

"He'll be here at 8 so I'l probably stop playing at 7:30 and fix up some things."

"Oh yes, y/n has to look perfect for her silly date with her boyfriend who's probably showing up in 3-year-old shoes."

"Shut up Wilbur," I laugh.

"I think y/n is too good for him, but y/n hasn't listened to me, chat."

"Because I can make my own life decisions and don't need my best friend to make them for me."

"Ah damn, best friend zoned."

"Yes Wil."

time skip: to 8

There was a knock at the office door. Wil had ended stream at 7:30 and we just talked while I got ready for the half hour following the stream end. Chat was super sweet in wishing a happy anniversary for us.

"Can you open it Wil?" I stand in the front of the door.

"Sure." He smiles and walks to the door and pulls it open. I expect to see Jared but instead I'm greeted by another friend of mine from the office.

"y/n I think you need to see this," she says holding out her phone.

On the video I see Jared, and another girl. Looks like my favorite co-worker saw it and filmed it.

"I'll break up with her tonight, I promise. After our dinner."

"Why not before the dinner?" The woman says in a whiny voice.

"I want to make it easier. I won't kiss her though, you're the only girl I plan on kissing tonight.

"You owe me this. You better not be lying. Because you said you would end it when we starting hooking up what? 4 months ago. And y/n doesn't deserve you, I do."

They smile under the dimly lit street lights. She leans in and grabs his face before kissing him.

- I feel tears form in my eyes. -

The small kiss turns into a small make out.

- A tear falls slowly. -

He pulled her body into hers and kisses her with more passion than he's ever kissed me.

- Several tears fall. -

The video ends.

"I stopped it there but I think he went home with her. He's probably going to call and break the news soon. I'm so sorry y/n but when I saw it I had to film it. So you would know. I'm so sorry."

"Thank you, for just showing me, and being a loyal friend..." I say. "But I would really appreciate if you delete that and leave right now."

"Of course y/n," she sighs and shut the door behind her.

I turn to Wil with tears slowly falling. A lot though, so they looked quick. He looked very angry, like he could kill him. "I'm going to hurt him y/n."

"No.."

"y/n."

"Even if he's a bad person I don't need you to hurt him I need you to help me because I'm giving myself about three more minutes tops of being somewhat calm about this before I just need someone to hug me while I cry, a lot."

"I told you that you were too good for him."

"I know. I'm sorry." I take a step towards him.

"You didn't do anything y/n. This is NOT you're fault. You are a trusting person. HE took advantage. HE is the person who did the worst thing. And you did NOT deserve it. And I'm here, and you can ruin my shirt with tears. I'll be here as long as you need. Until the office closes I will not move and you can hug me for as long as you want."

I take a few more slow steps to him and he hugs me. He runs his hands through my hair. I was overwhelmed with sadness, and betrayal. I was going to be angry I know but right now I'm going to be sad. And upset.

I started to sob. Harder than I ever have before. Two years. Two years I gave that man. And he decided to throw it away for a 4 month fling he's been having. Why me? I do nothing but good to my partners. My friends. I do my best ALL the time. But still two years of my life wasted on a man who would give up commitment for a better 'hit.'

Wil held me. He just held me and let me cry into him. He wrapped his arms around me, laid his head on mine, ran his hand through my hair, whispered "it's gonna be okay" every once in a while. He was just there for me.

And I continued to sob into my best friend. I love him so much for being her for me. I love him so much, because he's my best friend. And he's not going to cheat on me.