Bad Memories

"Trent, I'm going to tell him." I whispered into the phone.

"Mimi, we agreed that we wouldn't." He sighed.

"I know, but my marriage is at risk here. He's barely talked to me in a week. He thinks we're sleeping together. I can't do this anymore."

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me.

"I don't want to, but I have to. I know we said we wouldn't, but I can't lose my marriage over this."

"At least let me be there when you tell him. I don't think you should have to do that alone."

"Trent, no I can-"

"Camille, trust me on this. I know you and you might not even be able to get it out."

"Okay. Okay. I'll let you know when okay? Plus I'm tired of sneaking around to talk to you." I laughed.

"Okay. I have to go back to work. Just hit me up later."

It was wrong not to respect my husbands wishes, but I didn't believe that I was in the wrong. For over a week he's been ignoring me, coming home late and sleeping in the guest room. I decided that I wasn't going to beg him for attention, but letting the situation fester was only going to make it worse. Every night I would stay up and wait for Brandon to come home hoping that we could talk, but he would say 'hi' and keep it moving unless he really needed to talk to me. He'd have Sunny and daddy time and leave me to be all sad and lonely.

It was early afternoon and I had just put Sunny down for a nap. I was going to hop in the shower when Bran walked in the room. we made eye contact and then I continued to gather my things for my shower. I took my shower and got dressed. When I went back into the room Bran had changed into comfy clothes and was sitting on the bed with his head in his hands. I was on my way out of the room when he called my name.

"Yeah?" I stopped and turned around.

"We need to talk. This isn't working anymore." He said motioning between us.

"I'm listening. I never had an issue. It was you." I said going to sit on the opposite side of the bed.

"I was wrong. I shouldn't have accused you of cheating with Trent. It's just that sometimes I get insecure because I cheated on you. I know I can't take back my affair with Paige, but I really do feel that one day you're going to get even."

"Oh, so just because you're not mad anymore all is well? It doesn't work like that."

"I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that we need to talk to each other. It shouldn't have gotten this far."

"I tried and you ignored me. I'm your wife. If we have issues we need to talk about them. It's clear that you always felt that way about me and Trent."

"He came around when we weren't in a good place. He was treating you the way I should have."

"I don't operate like that and you know it. I told you before we got married that Trent and I were only friends and we never hooked up or anything. I'm just helping him with something. Paige is in the past and we're past that."

"I know and I'm sorry." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me over so that I was on his lap. "I didn't know a man could say that word as much as I do. I promise I'm working on being the man I'd want my daughter to marry."

"Bran, you just need to trust me. I know you just met Trent, but you know me. I meant my vows when I said them. I love you and I'm in love with you."

"I love you and I fall more in love with you everyday." He said turning me around so that I straddled him.

"Except when you're being a jerk, right?" I laughed with my arms around his neck.