Path of Destruction

Brandon had been gone for a week and I had been spending time off and on with Jay. I wasn't sure what it was, but there was something strong that drew me to him. I was supposed to pick Brandon up from the airport, but between work and play I lost track of time. I was running late and he had called and sent texts asking me if I coming. I was almost an hour late picking him up and I knew he was going to be pissed.

"So, I told you how many times what time my flight landed?" He asked after slamming the door and glaring at me.

"Bran, I told you that I got caught up at work. Sorry. It's not like I'm the only person you know who could've picked you up." I rolled my eyes and checked for traffic before pulling off.

"I asked my wife to pick me up. You know what? I'm not in the mood for this. Your attitude lately has been nasty and I don't like it." He looked up from his phone. "What's going on with you?"

"Nothing. What's going on with you?" I glanced at him being sure not to take my eyes off the road for too long.

He let out a dry laugh and nodded his head. He tilted the seat back and closed his eyes. The rest of the ride home was silent. We pulled up to the house and Bran continued to give me the silent treatment. I got a text from Jay asking me if I wanted to go out.

"As in a club?"

"LOL. Yeah. It's grown & Sexy tho."

"Where are we going? Who's going?"

"Same people we're always with. We're going to Reaction."

"Okay. I'll meet you at your place at ten-ish?"

I threw my on the bed and went to my closet looking for something to wear. When I came out he was just looking at me trying to figure out what I was doing. I ignored him and went to shower. When I finally came out he had his keys in his hands and asked me where I was going.

"Out." I said and started to put lotion on my body.

"Out where? With who?" He asked scrunching his face up in confusion.

"Just out with people you don't know. Last I checked I was grown and I don't have to answer to you." I put my robe on and went to my vanity to start my hair and make up.

"Camille, I-never mind." He threw his hands up. "I have to go get Peyton from Morgan, Derrick got caught up with a client and she works tonight. If you care." He threw in and walked out slamming out bedroom door on the way out.

"Bye." I rolled my eyes and continued to do my make up.

He had come back and put Pey to bed when I was dressed and ready to leave.

"You're really going out dressed like that?" He looked from the TV to me as I was walking out.

"Yeah." I replied in a duh tone and walked out before he could say anything else.

Jay drove us to the club in his truck. I was ready to let loose and have fun. I hadn't been to a club in forever. The atmosphere was fun, yet laid back. As soon as we entered I went straight for the bar. I ordered a Sex on the Beach. I downed it and Jays cousin, Harper came over and asked me to take a shot with her. One shot turned into five shots plus mixed drinks. To say that I was gone would be an understatement.

I was dancing on Jay and I could feel his hands roaming all over my body. He kissed my neck while he held me close.

"Yall need to get a room." His friend, Shawn, yelled over the music.

"We not doing nothing yall not doing." Jay yelled pointing at Shawn and his girlfriend, Nikki.

"Baby, I'm going to get some water okay?" I told him as I somehow made my way to the bar. I looked at my phone and realized that it was one in the morning.