The Threat

You're sure about this?" I asked him for the fifteenth time.

"Yes, he's sure. You do know I'm sitting here right?" She asked me looking offended.

"Cam, can you stop? It was actually Jasmine's idea to hire you as our planner." Zay said grabbing her hand and running his thumb across the back of it.

"Maybe we can find someone else. I don't want to because she's the best, but it's clear there's an issue."

"Camille, can you just do this for me?" Zay begged because he knew I was willing to put them out of my office.

I looked from Zay to Jasmine. "I already don't like you and I'm hormonal please don't aggravate me." I turned my glare into a smile. "Now that that's over. What can I do for you?"

Jasmine had an unsure look on her face and reached down and pulled out a binder. She passed it to me and I looked through it. She had some interesting ideas, even though I didn't want to. She wasn't who I would've picked for him, but she's who he chose.

"Okay, so what's your budget?" I asked after looking through her extravagant plans.

"It's-"

"I don't have a budget. Xavier wants me happy so I can have whatever I want." She gushed while he looked very uncomfortable.

"Jasmine, we talked about this."

"Anyway. I need for this to happen in a month." She said standing up and grabbing her bag.

"You do realize that I'm pregnant and I'll be off for a while, right? The book says six months from now. What's the rush?" I glared at her.

"I just can't wait any longer to be Mrs. Xavier Reese. Plus you worked the entire time you were supposed to be planning a fun-"

"Jasmine!" Zay yelled cutting her off. "Cam, please just work some magic for us?"

"I'll see what I can do. Now, get out of my office." I looked at my laptop after dismissing them.

When I got finally got home after doing some last minute running around I pulled up to my townhouse only to see a familiar car next to my parking space. I sat in the car and rested my head on the headrest with my eyes closed because I wasn't in the mood. After about five minutes I finally got out and grabbed my bags and headed to the door. Before I could get up the walkway I heard him call my name.

"Let me help you, Cam." He grabbed at the bags, but I refused to let go.

"What do you want? I'm pregnant, hot, hungry and tired." I kept walking and put my key into the door.

"Is that anyway to talk to your child's father?" Jayson smirked at me.

"Possible father. There's still a chance Brandon may be the father." I clarified.

"The way I was giving you this di-"

"What can I help you with?" I asked my voice filled with attitude.

"No, seriously, Cam. I think we can work something out. I was really starting to like you." He said running his hand along my cheek.

"The baby is fine. Growing normally and I have no complications. Bye." I said as I walked through the door and and tried to close it, but he stopped it with his foot.

"Oh, the real reason I came by was to let you know that Trent's asking for you. He was a little roughed up, but I'm sure the doctors and nurses are taking great care of him." He winked and blew me a kiss before turning to leave.

"Jayson! Jayson, what did you do? Jayson!" I yelled, but he never turned around to answer me. "Oh God. What now?"

I immediately called Lexi and she had no clue as to what I was talking about. She said she would call the hospitals to see which one we needed to go to. After about twenty minutes she told me to meet her at Mercy. When I arrived to the hospital I wobbled my pregnant self in there as fast as I could. Clearly, I wasn't fast enough because I met Lexi at the reception desk asking about Trent.