Family Fun Friday

Peyton's behavior was improving. She still had her moments, but when checked she got herself together. Brandon thought it would be a good idea if we made that weekend family fun time. Friday was family day and we were at the museum after we went to the mall and picked up some things. We had lunch at the mall and we were at the hands on museum and I couldn't tell if I had two kids or three. Brandon was dragging us all over the museum, but it was like we didn't exist when we got to the science part.

"Brandon, Tink wants to try to make some waves." I laughed when he wouldn't move from the station.

"Please?" She asked when he bumped her to the side to keep his waves going.

"Come on baby girl. I was just playing." He picked her up and helped her turn the wheels so that it looked like tidal waves.

"Brandon, I'm going to go sit over here so I can feed Sunny, okay?" I walked away because neither he nor Peyton were paying me any attention.

I was feeding the baby and people watching. The atmosphere was positive and we were enjoying ourselves as a family unit. Once I was done feeding the baby I went to get tickets for the planetarium show. I walked around until I found Brandon giving himself a vision test while Peyton was inside of a human ear. Brandon couldn't see, but refused to go get glasses. I told him he was going to end up wearing bifocals if he didn't get that together.

"What time does this show start?" He asked playing with Sunny.

"In five minutes. I'm going to go get Peyton and then we can head downstairs." I told him getting up.

It was an open area so I could see her at all times. I grabbed her hand and we all went downstairs together. I'm not going to lie the show was boring, but Peyton liked learning about the stars. She even asked if we could put stars in her room.

"Ask your father, Peyton." I turned around in the car and faced front.

"Papa, can we put stars in my room? Please?" She was kicking the back of his seat in excitement.

"Stop kicking, honey." I held one of her legs to get her to stop.

"Yes, we can put them in your room." Brandon said pulling up to the house.

We got the girls inside and within ten minutes Peyton was knocked out in the family room. Brandon took her to up to her room and went to change to go down to the gym room. I took Sunny to our room and ended up taking a nap. I woke up to see Aniyah sleeping on Brandon's chest and Peyton was between us on her back with her thumb in her mouth. I eased out of bed and made may way downstairs. It was only a little after six and I knew they would be up soon and ready for family night.

I checked the cabinets and saw they we were low on snacks so I made a run to the store to do some light shopping. While in the freezer aisle trying to decide which flavor of Talenti I wanted I saw a man standing behind me smiling.

"It still tastes like heaven?" Zay asked laughing.

"Yes, it does. Which is why I've been standing here for five minutes trying to pick which one I want."

"Really, Cam? Just get your favorite." He moved me out of the way and picked up the Sea Salt Caramel flavored Talenti.

"Thanks, Zay. Where's your guard dog?" I asked grabbing another container of Talenti. I looked up from my cart and saw Zay giving me a look. "What?"

"Cam, I don't know why you and Jasmine can't get along. She's really nice. Just give her a chance." He asked as we started walking to another aisle.

"I gave her plenty of chances and she's rude, Zay. You know she is. I keep telling you that it's not going to work, but you won't listen to me."

"Cam, you just don't think she's good enough for me. I get that, but you can't run off everyone."