Playing Dirty

I wasn't depressed, I was tired. I was overwhelmed. I loved my family, but our arrangements weren't working. Brandon thought that I was whining and being dramatic. Truth of the matter was that he needed to help me. I was done with being up all night and all day. I knew I had to get his attention even if it meant going to to the extreme.

I walked into Brandon's office and sat down in front of him. Monique wasn't even at her desk, but I would be seeing her on the way out. She had gotten too bold for my liking and I had words for her.

"Hey. What are you doing here? I have an appointment." He asked closing his MacBook, giving me his undivided attention.

"Eva Hadley? I know. I'm Eva." I said laughing at the confusion on his face. "This seems to be the only way that I can talk to you."

"Camille, why are you-"

"I'm here because we need to talk. I've been begging you to help me and you won't. I left and you just said I was being 'dramatic'. Bran, this isn't like just having Peyton. This is a newborn and I really need you to help me." I wiped the tears that fell.

"Cam, I just can't--"

"Can't what? Cook? Clean? Feed Aniya in the middle of the night? You were supposed to take off of work, but you came back three days after she was born. It's overwhelming. You don't know what's it's like when she just cries for no reason. Nothing calms her. I get so frustrated that I'm scared that I--"

"That you what?" He asked walking over to me with concern written on his face.

"I'm scared that I might hurt her, Brandon. What if I hurt her? I love Aniya, but sometimes I just--" I shook my head and broke down. "I don't want to be a bad mom." I cried and Brandon came over and hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry, Cam. I should've paid more attention. You're not a bad mother. I don't ever want you to feel like that, okay?" He wiped my tears as I nodded my head.

"Brandon, I don't want to hurt my baby. I promise that I don't. I would die for her."

"Shhh. I know. I know. Im sorry about what I said about Peyton. I didn't mean that. It was petty and I knew it would hurt you."

"Don't ever say anything like that to me again or I'll make sure that she's only your daughter. You have to do something about her. She's jealous of Aniya and I don't want her to feel that way. She's starting to act like Bre and I don't like it."

"I know. I don't think it helps she's been spending time with Bre's mother from time to time. We, meaning all three of her parents, will talk to her."

"Okay. Bran, please don't leave me hanging again." He pulled me close to his body so that we were leaning against his desk.

"I won't. I got you mama. For real this time. I want to have your back. I love you." He said looking into my eyes.

"I love you, too." I said and he kissed me. Now this wasn't just a cute peck, but one of those lose your breath, we're the only two in the room type of kisses.

That kiss was giving me life until I heard someone clearing their throats. I knew who it was so I made sure to deepen the kiss and run my hands up and down his chest. He finally broke the kiss and acknowledged it. 

"Monique, you should've knocked. What do you need?" He asked her still holding me in his arms.

"I did knock and never mind. Clearly you're busy." She said with attitude and left the office.

"Does she always do that?" I asked frowning.

"First of all you're petty. Second of all I don't know what's wrong with her. I think she might be having some issues she wanted to address with me."