House Arrest

It had been a week since I had been released from the hospital. Honestly, they didn't want me there because I was terrorizing the staff. I was ready to go home and get in my own bed. Unfortunately, I couldn't break my no work rule because my OBGYN, Dr. Collins, put me on bed rest until the baby was born. It wasn't necessary, they just wanted me to stay away from work. I was due any day now, which meant I could've been on bed rest for two days or two weeks. It was me, yarn and Netflix until Bran got home and that's if he didn't have late meetings.

I was listening to music and trying to figure out a pattern for a little baby beanie when I heard the front door open.

"Mimi, it's me." Trent yelled coming upstairs. "Having fun?" He asked leaning against the door frame with his hands behind his back.

"Tons. What's behind your back?" I asked throwing the yarn and needles on the bed.

"Oh this?" He revealed two bags and sat them in front of me.

"What is it?" I asked going through the first bag. "Mandarin Sunrise Pinesol! You love me, don't you?" I smiled. I twisted that cap off so fast and inhaled the scent. "Brandon hates this."

"Oh, I know." Trent laughed and handed me the other bag. "Brandon doesn't get off until five so we have a while to eat that." He said and pulled out two spoons.

"I don't share Talenti, especially not Sea Salt Caramel Talenti." I snatched the jar back and mugged him.

"You're sharing or I'm telling that you've been sniffing Pinesol and you've been eating this!" He snatched the blanket off of my legs and revealed my stash of snacks.

"Peanuts are good for you." I argued trying to take the bag from him, while he laughed. "Chocolate is good for the heart, Trent. Stop laughing."

"So peanuts rolled in cinnamon and sugar are good for you? I don't think eating half a bag of fun sized snickers is healthy either. I can call Brandon and ask him." He pulled out his phone and put it up to his ear.

"Okay! Okay! Here. I can't even be pregnant in peace." I extended the Talenti to him as he pulled the phone down.

"That's what I thought, punk." He took the jar and started eating it. "I didn't even call him, though. It's good he has you in check like that." He said as he went to sit in the chair we had in our room. He looked up from the ice cream when he felt me staring at him.

"Don't play with me. Why are you here?" I asked trying to adjust because my back had started hurting.

"Coming to check on the sick and shut in." He laughed still digging in my gelato.

I side eyed him. "I thought we were sharing? Where is Alexis? She wouldn't let you treat me like this." I grabbed for the container as he walked it to me still eating it.

"Umm Lexi is at the shop. She was booked all day. You want me to FaceTime her?"

"No. Just ask her if she can give me some box braids sometime soon. I'll pay her double since I can't go to the shop." I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being a brat. Just make sure my godchild gets her safely and healthy. Man, I really don't know why you're so hardheaded." He shook his head and put his feet on the ottoman, closing his eyes.

"I'm not hardheaded. I just don't want to be in the bed all day."

"Sure you don't. You use to sleep like you were pregnant, now you're pregnant and you don't sleep at all."

"You try sleeping with another human being having a wrestling match with your insides. You and Brandon are really starting to work my nerves."

"Whatever. Zay said 'hi'." He looked from his phone.