Spilled Milk

"Oh my God." I cried and hit the steering wheel.

There were pictures of Jayson kissing and holding a very pregnant woman.

"He's married?" I asked when I saw the rock that adorned her left ring finger.

It wasn't until I went through more of the pictures that I saw him hugged up with another woman. They both had on wedding rings. I was the third. He looked at them the same way he looked at me. He knew what he was doing. Clearly he preyed on vulnerable women and took advantage of them. I was just stupid enough to fall into his trap.

I pulled off and headed to his house. I knew he was home because Sunday was one of the days that we usually spent together. I pounded on his door and waited for him to answer. He came to the door smiling and trying to hug me once he let me in.

Don't touch me." I pushed him back.

"What's wrong? What's this?" He asked looking confused when I threw the pictures at his feet. "Oh." He let out a chuckle.

"'Oh'? Is that all you have to say?"

"What do you want me to say? I'm sorry?" He shrugged his shoulders and smirked at me. "You were an easy one." 

I instantly went back to when Brandon would tell me how and why he picked me to be his when he was upset. It was like that day all over again when I finally decided that I was going to leave Brandon and stop being his punching bag.

"You know why I picked you, Camille? You were an easy target. Simple, weak and pathetic."

I shook my head to get rid of the memory. "What?" I asked as he put his finger under my chin.

"All I had to do was show you a little attention, be your 'friend'." He laughed and sat on the couch propping his feet on the table. "It didn't take long to have you eating out of the palm of my hand just like the others. I'm sure your husbands are proud."

I shook my head in disbelief. "So you go around ruining marriages? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I like to think that I'm a marriage enhancer. I just give you what your husband won't. We both win."

"No we don't. This is not a game. This is my life we're talking about! You preyed on me and it's my fault that I was so blind that I fell into your trap."

"Look. Just go home. We can just end it now and call it good. No hard feelings."

"'No hard feelings'? Jayson, I'm pregnant. There are a lot of feelings going around and some of them are very hard." I yelled at him.

"Pregnant? You too? Damn, man." He let out a dry laugh and ran his hand down his face. "You're smart. You'll figure it out."

"You could be the father, Jayson. Then what?"

"If it's mine. I'll be there just like I'll be there for Krystal's baby if it's mine." He shrugged. "Just let me know what you want to do. I can still give you the attention I'm sure you're not getting from your husband."

"No. This is done. I can't do this anymore." I shook my head.

"Okay. I meant it was fun while it lasted. There are other lonely wives who need attention. I just have to do better at wrapping it up. Can't have all of these kids running around." He laughed.

"This isn't a joke. This is my life, Jayson. And on top of this you're dealing with Terrance? You're a dirty cop. Stay away from me." I said going to the door. It closed as soon as I opened it.

"That's not your business, Camille. I'd hate for anything to happen to you or your family. I don't make idle threats so you don't know anything. Right?" He said trapping me between him and the door.

"Right." I bit my lip and nodded my head.

"Keep me updated on the baby situation." He kissed my temple and opened the door. "Bye, Camille."

He said as I rush to my car. It's funny that I use to run from him and there I was running away from him. I thought I was getting the best of both worlds. I thought I was able to play the field and once again I ended up getting played. My mind was all over the place. I was married, pregnant and by myself. I didn't want to be around anyone so I checked myself into a hotel. I just needed time to clear my head.

I played with fire and I had gotten burned. Maybe this is just how my story was supposed to play out. I was so damaged that I probably needed to be myself. It seemed as if everything I touched I destroyed. I knew I couldn't go back and change anything, but I could move forward from that point. I had cried enough over spilled milk and it was time to put my big girl panties on and live my life. I had to choose to no longer be a victim. I had to play the cards that I was dealt instead of peeping at someone else's hand.

**

Jayson isn't who Camille thought he was, especially with his shady dealings with Terrance (her ex). Idek know about him and his marriage enhancing. Lol. Smh. I have happy moments coming for yall. Thanks for reading.