Still Missing

Peyton had been missing for four hours and I didn't know what to do with myself. Morgan had showed up to stay with me. She tried her best to keep me occupied, but nothing was working. I had a list of people who I thought would take Peyton and why. Clearly I had watched too many episodes of CSI and Law & Order, but I was determined to get my baby back. It was after three and I was restless and I wasn't going to continue to sit in the house and wait.

"Let's go." I said putting on my sneakers and  pulling my hair back into a puff.

"Where are we going? I thought D and Brandon said for us to stay here." She said looking like a scared teenager.

"Last I checked we were grown and our baby is out there missing. I'm going out to look for her."

"Okay. Let's go." She said grabbing her purse.

We drove around for an hour and a half looking for Peyton. We went to parks, stores, just about everywhere with a picture of her asking if anyone had seen her. It was like she vanished. Derrick called Morgan and was upset because she told him that we had left the house to look for Pey. I insisted that we looked for a little while longer before we went back to the house.

"We didn't leave the TV on did we?" I asked looking concerned when I heard the TV from the front door.

"No. We didn't even have it on." Morgan locked eyes with me and grabbed a mini statue from the table.

I picked up a golf club and we started towards the living room. My heart was beating so hard because I wasn't sure what I was walking into. It could've been a trap, but I wasn't going down without a fight. Just as we turned the corner we heard laughing. We continued in and I saw Peyton sitting on the floor with Subway watching Doc McStuffins.

"Oh my God! Peyton!" I ran over and scooped her up giving her hugs and kisses while she was laughing. "Pey, I was so worried about you."

"Is she okay?" Morgan asked as we both looked her over for obvious injuries.

"She seems to be fine." I told her as Peyton wiped tears from my eyes. "We have to call Brandon and Derrick."I

"Why are you crying, mommy?" She asked playing with my curls.

"Pey, where were you, honey? Did they hurt you?"

"I went for a girls day. She said you told her it was okay." She said showing me her nails.

"Who said it was okay, sweetie?" Morgan asked after calling Derrick to let them know we found her.

"Umm, you and daddy's friend. She said me and her could be friends too."

"What's her name?"

"Mommy, listen. I had fun! I went to the movies too. It was like Pey Day." She smiled, but I was horrified.

"Peyton, I need you to listen to me, okay? What was the lady's name who took you?" I asked in a semi stern voice to let her know I was serious, but she wasn't in trouble.

"She said I could call her TT Shar."

"Shar? I don't know a Shar. We have to get her to the hospital."

We met at the hospital to have her checked out to make sure she wasn't hurt or molested. I wasn't taking any chances. Everyone was shocked that she was just in the house by herself eating. The police didn't know how they got in considering there was no forced entry. They were going to keep searching until they came up with something. We tried to get her to pick from pictures but she kept saying that she was tired and wanted to go home.

Brandon carried her into the house because she fell asleep in the car on the way home. She woke up as soon as he stepped foot into the house. It had been such a long day that all of us were just going to crash and get together on another day. Thankfully, it was the weekend and no one had to work. Lexi never showed and i was sure that Pey would tell us if she was with her. I know she wasn't talking to us, but I had hoped she would still show to help look for Peyton.

"Daddy, do you think mommy can make my hair like hers again?" Pey said and that was the first time I noticed.

Peyton had silky bone straight hair with bouncy curls.  I could look at it and tell what it was. I was burning up, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

"You can fix it, right Cam?" Brandon asked as she looked at me.

"TT Shar said it was too nappy, but I like my hair. It's big and fun." Pey said crawled into my lap.

"Mommy will fix it okay? Now let's get you off to bed. Okay?" I said and took her upstairs to get ready for bed.

"Can I sleep with you?" She asked. She didn't seem scared, but I think she just wanted to be close.

I took her in our room and laid her next to Bran. I showered and did some thankful reflecting before turning off the scolding hot water and went to join my two loves in bed.

"Papa, can you sing me a song?" She crawled on him laying on his chest.

"Sure thing. What do you want to hear?"

"My song!"

"Twinkle twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so high. Like a diamond in the sky. Twinkle, Twinkle little star how I wonder what you are."

"She's sleep, Bran. We had a long day."

"We did. I'm just thankful she's okay."he kissed the top of her head.

"Night, Bran. I love you."

"I love you, too and let it go." He said with sleep in his voice.

"Let what go?" I asked facing him.

"It's just a relaxer. It's fixable."

"Oh, I'm going to let it go alright. I-"

"Goodnight, Cam."

"Night, Bran. I love you."

Hmph. This bitch kidnapped my child and relaxed her hair? Wait until I find out who the hell Shar is...

*************************************************
I wasn't going to kill Peyton! Just a little family shake up. Don't forget to let me know what you're thinking. What do you want to happen next?? As always thanks for reading, loves!!