Consequences

"I understand why you did what was done, Cam. I'm trying to at least."

"Brandon for the last time can we not talk about this anymore?" I asked turning over and facing the door.

"Okay. It's not like everyday I find out my wife assists in murders and snatched babies." He said turning the tv up.

"You know what?" I turned over and sat up. "You don't get to judge me okay? I did what I had to do to help my friend. I'm sorry that she died, but I didn't kill her."

"But you watched her die." He looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Bran, look-"

"Okay. I'm sorry. We're done with it. It was a secret you let it out and we're moving on. God forbid you tell me how you feel about this especially knowing that she was your best friend's sister."

"I-" I started and paused to gather myself because I saw how hurt Lexi was. "I can't change what happened. I love Lexi, but what's done is done. The only thing I can offer is an apology."

"Have you tried to talk to her?" He asked rubbing my back.

"It's been four days and she's not taking either of our calls. I don't blame her, but I was hoping that she'd hear us out."

"Give her some time." Bran said as I laid on his chest. "Let her come to you when she's ready."

"The problem is that I don't think she'll ever be ready."

Trent and I both felt that it was a bittersweet moment once we told them what was going on with us. For years we kept that between the two of us and it's still costing us. Trent didn't know what to do with his life since Lexi wasn't talking to him. He was hurting at the mere fact that she was hurting and he was the source of that pain. I felt more guilt once I knew that Lucky was Lexi's sister. Again, what we did couldn't be changed, but I knew It wouldn't be easy for Lexi.

We were in my office having lunch when the door slammed open revealing Lexi. We watched her as she walked in and closed the door standing against it. She had on joggers and a t shirt and her hair was all over her head. It looked like she had been crying nonstop and hadn't been sleeping.

"Lexi, baby what are-" Trent got up and walked towards her.

"No! Don't touch me." She said with so much venom in her voice.

"Lexi, just have a seat and we can talk about this." I said standing up from my chair.

"I want to hate you. Both of you. You took the only person I had in this world from me. I want to go to the police and report you, but I can't. The fact that I love you makes me feel like I'm betraying my sister."

"Lex, it's not like that. We didn't know you knew her."

"So that makes it better? I guess If you knew she was my sister you would've never told me right?"

"We would have told you, it just would've been harder to do so. Our intentions were never to hurt anyone anymore than we already have." Trent said walking to her again.

"I kept telling her to leave him alone, but she was so caught up in what he did for her that she was blinded." She shook her head with tears running down her face. "Why didn't you save her? You could have saved her!"

"Lex, I had to make a choice and unfortunately the choice I made hurt you and I'm sorry. I love you and I want you, but if we can't work through this I understand." He stood directly in front of her.

"Lex, I'm sorry. We're sorry." I said as she looked from Trent to me.

She shook her head and said, "I just need some time. I don't see yall the same way anymore. I don't know what to do right now. I know you didn't kill her, but you didn't save her. You didn't even try to, but you saved the baby and they both could've died. But the baby is God knows where."