Symptoms

I was at lunch with Zay at one of my favorite restaurants, Olive Garden. I was sitting there fulfilling my usual quota of pasta and bread when he decided that he was going to ruin my lunch. I couldn't even respond to the foolishness that was coming out of his mouth. Honestly, I couldn't even respond.

"Cam, aren't you going to say something?" He asked while I looked at him with a blank stare.

"So you and Satan's angel are getting back together?" I arched my eyebrow as I waited for clarification.

"We're trying to work things out. She's not as bad as you think, Cam. She wants to apologize to you." He picked up a breadstick as I looked behind me.

"Who are you talking to? Jasmine doesn't have anything to say to me. She pretty much accused me of killing my child. How could you even-you know what? Never mind." I shook my head and stuffed my mouth before I said anything too out of the way.

"No. What were you going to say? I don't want our friendship to be ruined. I want both you and Jas in my life. Why is that so hard?"

"Look, I told you before and I'm telling you now: she's poison and it won't work. She's going to kill you and your ministry. Trust me."

"So, just because you said it makes it true? I didn't come to ask for your permission. I'm telling you that we're possibly getting back together."

"Is it because they're pressuring you to find a wife?" I asked biting my breadstick.

"No. It's because we love each other and we want to try to work this out."

"Okay. Well, congrats. It was nice knowing you, Zay." I stuck my hand out for him to shake, but he just stared at it.

"What? We're still going to be friends."

"Look, you are a grown man, but she treats you like a kid. I'm sure you won't have time for any of us anymore because she can't stand any of us, especially after me and my sister had to lay hands and agree with her."

"It's not going to be that way. I make my own decisions." He said with an attitude, but I couldn't address it because my stomach started doing the Cupid Shuffle and my mouth watering.

I got up so fast and tried to make my way to the bathroom to throw up. I had never moved so fast in my life. I wasn't sure what was going on, but it was like it wouldn't stop. A few people knocked to ask if I was okay, but I couldn't answer since I was bowing to the porcelain god. I was so weak that I was sitting on a public restroom floor. I got up and rinsed my mouth out the best I could until I got to my purse. When I came out Zay was sitting in the waiting area with my purse. He had concern written all over his face.

"Are you okay, love?" He asked walking to me with my bag in his hand.

"Mm hmm. I think I ate too much and too fast. I'm going to head back to the office and finish up some things." I searched for my mini bottle of mouth wash.

"You sure?" He asked as he guided me to out of the restaurant and to my car. "Go home and rest."

"I have things to do. I'll be okay. I'll just get some crackers and ginger ale to settle my stomach. I'll text you later."

"Okay. Drive safe." Zay walked over his Lexus and got in as I drove away.

I had everything I needed so I decided that I would work from home. I worked for a while and ended up falling asleep. I woke up to Bran and Pey being loud and playful. I laid there until he came in the room.

"Sorry. We didn't know you would've been sleeping." He came over and kissed my forehead. "You okay? You don't look like you feel good."

"I'm just really tired. I clearly didn't cook so you can cook or order in." I turned over and closed my eyes again.