Missing

My little princess loved her natural curls and begged me to let her wear her hair out to school. We were actually running behind because I overslept. Peyton was being a brat because she decided to get up in the middle of the night and play by herself. My day was always thrown for a loop when I was late.

"Go give Papa hugs and kisses. We have to go." I said grabbing files and keys.

"I love you, baby girl. Have a good day, okay?" He told her holding her in his arms.

"Okay! Be good at work, Papa. Don't be a meanie." She said hugging his neck before running to the door.

"Babe, we're gone. I'll talk to you later." I kissed his lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Don't forget dinner meet up is tonight. You're on dessert. Peach cobbler right?" He had been asking for a peach cobbler for weeks snd I decided that I'd make one.

"Yeah, I'll make a peach cobbler." I smiled as he kissed me again.

"Mom, I have to go learn. Being late is disresponsible." Pey said rushing me and making us laugh.

"Disrespectful. The word is 'disrespectful' Let's go, little girl." I said going to the door and opening it so we could leave.

"I guess switching her to that full day preschool program was worth it. You do need to go though because you are running late." He arched his brow at me.

"Oh hush. I know. We're going."

"Don't be disresponsible, Camille." He said trying to hold in a laugh.

"Yeah, mommy!"

"Really? I just corrected her Brandon." I eyed him going out of the door.

"I love you." He laughed as I closed the door.

After I dropped Peyton at school I headed to Bigby to pick me up White Chocolate Teddy Bear. Shannon went faithfully and grabbed me one and I had been hooked since. I had met some clients at venues, did some office work and interviewed two girls for an opening that I had. I finished just in time for  a meeting with a woman who wanted to plan a surprise birthday party for her husband. From the sound of it he was hard to please, but I lived for clients who were a challenge.

"So let's see what we can come up with today, Mrs. Perry." I said going over the questionnaire that she filled out.

"Janelle. Just call me Janelle, honey." She smiled at me pulling out her glasses and putting them on her face. "He's a hard man to please. Honestly, he could plan it himself and still not be satisfied."

"Well we'll see about that. I like a challenge. It says here that he likes golfing, reading, mob movies, math and painting. Well that's a combination. So what were you thinking?"

"Honey, I'm riding with whatever you plan. Just make sure there's plenty of sweets and good music and you're good to go." She said pulling out a paper with a list of songs.

"I'll make sure the DJ knows what direction we're going in."

"Hmmm. How about a Harlem Nights theme?" I said really excited. "Like the 1920s. We'll have the venue set up like a night club have a few card tables and other games. The whole shebang."

"I love it! Everyone can dress the part. Just finger food and desserts though." She said as my phone rang and I put it on vibrate.

"My apologies. That's usually not-" I was cut off by a knock at the door. At the same time Khadijah walked in.

"I'm sorry, but Peyton's school is on the phone they said there's an emergency. They're on one." She said motioning for me to pick up my office phone.