Labor & Delivery

It was almost two in the morning and I thought I was dying. I didn't understand the part where having a baby was a beautiful experience because there was nothing cute about feeling like my insides were about to fall out of my vajayjay. Of course my blood pressure was going up and down because my husband was nowhere to be found.

I laid in the bed holding my stomach because another contraction had passed. Apparently I had been in labor for a while.i was dilated to two, almost centimeters when I got there. I closed my eyes with my head pressed deep into the pillow.

"How are you feeling, Cam?" Zay asked prying his hand from mine.

"I'm okay." I whispered and ate more ice chips. "Call Brandon. You know what? Never mind. He can stay where he is since she's so important. Then he won't even answer the phone." I threw the cup across the room just as Dr. Collins came in.

"Are you okay, Camille?" He asked and I just looked at him with a blank stare. "Okay. You're blood pressure isn't decreasing. We may have to do an emergency cesarean to keep the baby from going into distress. We're going to wait a while, but it all depends on the baby okay?" I shook my head and looked at Zay.

He checked on some things and the baby again before he left the room. I wiped my tears before they could fall. It wasn't physical pain, but emotional pain that had me in tears.

"Hey. The baby is going to be fine." Zay came over and rubbed my back. I was leaning forward with my hands in my head.

"Where is he?" I asked looking at Zay. "It's after two. It doesn't take that long to board up no damn windows!" I had a sharp intake of breath when a contraction hit.

"Breathe." He rubbed my back and held my hand with his free hand. "You good?"

I shook my head yeah and sat back. It felt like a little fat man was jumping on my lower back.

"I'm sorry, Zay. You can leave. I know you have church later. You don't have to stay."

"For the fifth time. I'm not leaving you by yourself. I'll have someone else take over for today. Im going to go call Brandon again."

He walked out and I finally called everybody else and let them know that I was in labor. I called Jus even though she was in Vegas with Daniel for a surprise getaway. She was excited and pissed all at the same time.

"Didn't he know that you were due any day? And on top of that why the hell isn't he answering his phone?" Jus yelled into the phone.

"I don't know, Justyce." I sighed and was quiet for a while.

"Let's talk about something else. Like what's the baby's name?" She asked.

"I don't know. I have a few names, but I'm not sure yet."

"Umm, Cam you don't have that long to decide. At least narrow it down to one boy name and one girl name."

"Okay. Okay. Geesh. If it's a boy I should name him Trenton or Xavier just to piss him off." I laughed a little.

"That would be priceless, especially Xavier." Jus laughed, but stopped when D told her they had to go. "Call me if anything happens okay, Cam?"

"Yeah, someone will call. I love you, sister."

"Love you, too. Now find that baby a name."

I was sitting there praying because that was the only thing keeping me semi sane at that moment. God knew I wanted to kill my husband. We didn't come that far for him to start acting like this again. I wasn't going to be a fool again. I held my stomach as I reached for my purse so I could write down the names I liked. I wrote a few down and threw the notebook on the floor.