Birthday Love 2

Once again my clothes were laid out for me and it was a black romper with silver accessories and black wedges. Brandon had some help because I was sure he hadn't done that on his own. I had just finished my makeup when Bran walked in the room giving me a look.

"No. You said we were going out. So we're going out." I looked at him watching me in the mirror.

"I just wanted you to have options." He said as I made my way to the door.

"Let's rock." He followed me downstairs and out of the door.

We had been driving for fifteen minutes when he pulled over and told me to put a blindfold on.

"Now, I really want to know where we're going. And do you know none of my friends called me to say happy birthday. My own sister with her trifling behind didn't call, text, nothing."

"Maybe they're busy. They days not over with they have time. Don't trip."

"I'm not. I'm just saying. I wouldn't do them like that." I poured and folded my arms.

"Chill. Now we're going to go in here and have a good time okay?"

"In where?" I asked as he opened my door helping me out.

I hated the feeling of not knowing and I didn't like surprises. It was really quiet once we got inside of the building and when he took the blindfold off it was pitch black.

"Bran, what's going on?" I asked feeling around for him, but I couldn't find him. "Okay, haha it's not funny."

I stood there for a few seconds until I heard people singing Happy Birthday. I looked up and they were pushing a two tier leopard and teal cake towards me with spiral candles on it.

"Yall make me sick." I said fanning my eyes so I wouldn't cry.

"We love you too, Mimi." Trent said standing next to Lexi.

"Lex!" I ran over to her and stopped short of hugging her. "I'm sorry." I said crying looking at her give me a blank stare before she pulled me into a hug.

"We'll talk later. Enjoy your birthday, boo." She wiped the tears from my eyes as I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I ran over to Brandon and kissed his lips. "Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome. You deserve it." He placed his forehead again mine and kissed me again.

"Where's Peyton and MaKayla? I see Lisa and her husband over there."

"Oh, Ms. Geraldine has them. She said she'd celebrate with you another time."

"In that case lets get this party started." I pulled him to the dance floor.

I was having the best night that I'd had in a long time. All of my friends, staff and some faithful clients were there the only people missing were my sister and her family. We danced, we ate, laughed and most importantly we were drama free. They even hired a photographer for the night. It was so fun to see people using a photo booth. I wanted to take a picture with everybody and I tried to. I guess the best thing about the booth was that I really didn't have to smile that much. Trust me some of those pictures were so funny. The fun really started when everyone wanted to do karaoke. Trent decided that he wanted to go first.

"Fix it Jesus." I said causing everyone to laugh while he eyed me.

"Don't be a hater, Mimi. I got vocals. Hit the music." He told the DJ and Maxwell's "This Woman's Work" started playing. He sang all of five words "Aye, never mind I can't go that high. Play ummm..."