⟨⟨ ᴡᴏʟᴠᴇs ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
Wolves

The silence seemed to stretch like an insurpassable void but really it was just a beat of awkward tension before Louis shook his head

"Did she honestly just say 'crabapples'?"
"She doesn't like to swear," Elora cringed as her eyes shot between the befuddled musician and her seizing best friend. Once there was nothing said in means of justification, the uncomfortable girl invited her unsuspected guest inside, guiding him to the kitchen to get some tea while she waiting for the enviable onslaught of words that would stream from her friend's mouth once she regained her wits.

Deciding that Vera's idiotic tendency to never finish a cup of tea was reason enough to not offer, she began preparing two mugs as the poor lad constantly looked back apprehensively at the catatonic girl. Elora smiled at his warmth when he shuffled closer to her, whispering a slightly freaked out, "Should we help her?"
"You might need to help me," was her response but before he could question her there was a screech of her name and she enlisted him to finish making their tea.

"Yes, darling?" she enquired as she took tentative steps towards the frantic woman. Vera's eyes shot to her, widened with a weak comprehension of the situation.
"Did I just make a fool of myself in front of the Louis Tomlinson?"
"No," the blonde rose her eyebrows retortingly, "You did just terrify the Louis Tomlinson though."
With a sharp slap to her arm, Vera began harshly reprimanding her, "Didn't you think that this would be something to mention? How long has this been going on? Or does Louis Tomlinson often make random house visits? I thought you were single!"
Elora clamped her hand over the frantically moving mouth, which was something she quickly decided would not be a frequent action due to the immensely uncomfortable feeling. With wide eyes, she silently urged her childhood friend to shut up, "I am very much single, thank you oh so much. Only my sister knows that I'm friends with him, Simon's met him but he's an oblivious cretan with a pitiful understanding of the blessing to this earth that One Direction is."

Louis had attempted to keep his snort unheard but the fiery cheeks of his dear friend confirmed that they were aware of his eavesdropping, so he just decided to slide into their conversation. Handing over the overflowing mug of tea with a sweet look, he took a sip from his own and raised his eyebrows expectantly. Elora smiled as she blew lightly and drank from her tea, warmed at the fact that he already knew how to make it perfectly. Eventually she sighed and leaned against the counter before making introductions, "Louis, this is my excitable best friend, Vera Daniels. Vera, this is, well, it's Louis William Tomlinson."
"Oh wow, he got a middle name."
"You don't have one, you nitwit," she rolled her eyes before looking at the pair and waiting for the blonde to assume her role as the talkative one.

With flushed cheeks, Vera stuck out her hand but Louis didn't want his first proper interaction with one of Elora's friends to be so stiff so he placed his mug down and pulled her into a hug. The girl was even shorter than the brunette, which was a pleasant surprise, especially when she instinctively wrapped her arms around his waist. Elora had rapidly grown to be an important person to him and his dependency on her convinced him that she would only grow further in influence over him so it made sense that he wanted to impress her friends.
"It's lovely to meet you, babe," he said once he had pulled away, his eyes flickering to Elora but she didn't seem to be affected.
"Uh," she cleared her throat, "Hi, nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you, not from Elora though."