⟨⟨ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ
Woman

Despite Louis' breakdown and persistent mental turmoil since then, he managed to maintain his façade of normalacy

Despite Louis' breakdown and persistent mental turmoil since then, he managed to maintain his façade of normalacy. He hadn't addressed her inevitable departure but it remained at the back of his mind throughout his days and nights. The pitying looks from his band mates were the worst though. He would've regretted his confession if he wasn't aware of how it would've rotted within him if he hadn't. Whilst their watchful eyes and sympathetic smiles were annoying, he appreciated their comfort and compassion. Every day there was a message of encouragement waiting for him - whether it was just asking how he was holding up or reassuring him that it'd work out in the end.

Nothing had really changed between Elora and Louis since New Years. She had been worried about how he'd run off but when he explained the tradition of the lads spending the count down together, she left it. If she noticed his intensified clinginess, she didn't comment on it, and it was one of the many things he appreciated about her.
It could have been chalked up to needing more support during the final month of One Direction, which wasn't too far of a stretch. January marked the end of his life as he had known it and that terrified Louis far more than he would have liked to admit. Fortunately, Elora was able to gleen that from his actions and merely pulled him closer whenever he clung to her tightly.

The panic over the future was battling with his terror over her leaving and Louis was growing exhausted. During the day he was speeding between interviews and meetings; his evenings were filled with drinking tea on her couch and avoiding conversations of the future. He tried to hide his anxiety and play the role of an excited popstar on the precipice of freedom but he should've known that he couldn't fool her. She was far too observant and had spent enough time with Louis' bared soul for her to be deceived. He was grateful, however, that she remained true to her word and never pushed him to do anything he didn't want to. Sometimes they would cuddle up in oversized sweaters and fluffy blankets, sipping tea from large mugs and watching bad movies in silence. Those were some of his favourite times because he could believe for an ephemeral moment that everything was perfect.

Life very quickly reminded him that his illusions of serenity were limited to being just that - and of course it came in the form of the media. For some otherworldly blessing, Louis and Elora had managed to never be spotted together in the nearing on three months that they'd known each other. There had been times when fans came up to him while they were out exploring the city but the anonymous girl easily slipped into the background and remained unimportant in the fans' eyes. None of the pictures had her in the near vicinity and she always managed to skirt away smoothly enough for it to appear as though he had been alone when they approached.
They had discussed it because he felt ashamed every time she felt the need to hide but she admitted that she preferred it that way. They agreed that they liked their little bubble being uninterrupted and if she ran away when he was spotted in order to protect that, they didn't mind.
However, the same could not be said for when she was out with the other members of One Direction. She had yet to actually go out publically with any of the other boys despite the developing bond between them. It was largely out of respect for Louis and the sanctity of their relationship but it also just never seemed necessary. Louis had entertained the idea though; he knew that they would eventually do things together without his presence but he never considered that they'd be spotted.