⟨⟨ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴜs ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ
They Don't Know About Us

Louis was worried that he wouldn't have been able to sleep when he got home from his day with Elora but he quickly found that the rapid beating of his heart was overpowered by the soft peace his heart was filled with and he fell asleep with a gent...

Louis was worried that he wouldn't have been able to sleep when he got home from his day with Elora but he quickly found that the rapid beating of his heart was overpowered by the soft peace his heart was filled with and he fell asleep with a gentle smile on his face. 
As usual, he overslept and had to rush in the morning so that he could get to the studio in time. It was rare that the band was recording their album in an actual studio and not a stuffy hotel bedroom but after the tour, they were taking it slower than normal. He didn't like thinking about why their pace was different than normal and he hated to think of the discussions that the band was having more frequently. Wishing to ignore the impending events of his day at the studio, he ran into the car that the security was waiting in and pulled out his phone with the mission to distract himself with some forgettable game. His plans were quickly interrupted when he saw his background for the first time that day. The smiling face of his ex-girlfriend seemed to taunt him for more than usual. She had broken up with him not too long ago and it still stung, especially since it happened to follow Zayn's exit from the band. The fateful day in which they were faced with the fact that they were a group of four seemed to trigger an onslaught of life-changing events. 

He ferociously shook his head, hoping to clear the thoughts that had been plaguing his mind nonstop lately. He hated that he couldn't seem to escape the downturn his life was taking even though people kept promising that all the torture would result in good things. He hurriedly entered his gallery intending to pick a new picture for his wallpaper so that he could continue to ignore the pain that throbbed in his heart every minute of his day. Immediately, however, he noticed a new image in his camera role that he had forgotten about - which was odd considering the previous night had been filled with him dreaming about his day with Elora. The pain in his heart ebbed away slightly at the sight of her beautiful smile and he couldn't help the tiny grin that climbed onto his face. His eyes raked over the perfect picture he had managed to capture, soaking in the way she seemed in to shine in the sunlight and trying his best to memorise the smile on her face. He had caused that smile, he had been the reason behind someone so beautiful's joy. 

The clearing of one of the bodyguard's throats brought him out of his reverie and he raised his head with scrunched up eyebrows. The confusion was written on his face until he saw the exterior of the studio he was supposed to enter and quickly clicked on one of the photos he had taken of the garden the previous day to change it to his background. Sliding out of the car with his head bent to the ground, he hurried through the front door and entered into the room that the rest of his bandmates were waiting in. 
They all looked up upon his entrance and got to their feet to greet him with hugs and tired cheers. All of them were tired, it had been a long year and they all needed a break - which was why, he guessed, they kept talking about a pause from everything. 

"Where were you yesterday, mate? You disappeared," Niall commented, his accent thicker due to the early hour in which they were forced to work. Harry looked at him with a raised eyebrow, his eyes glinting with the cheeky remark he surely had brewing. 
"Don't even start, Harry," he warned his best friend with a barely concealed grin before he plopped down on the couch alongside Liam. Attempting to avoid the question, he looked into Liam's questioning eyes and cleared his throat as he ran his hands through his long hair but remaining silent.
"Lou?" his brunet friend questioned with a raised eyebrow, his kind face revealing the humour he found in Louis' secretiveness. 
"I was out with a friend," he revealed, deeming it enough to satisfy their curiosity and hoping that they would leave it at that. He should have known that it wouldn't have been enough, but he had too much faith in their exhaustion.
"You don't have any friends," Harry spoke up with a proud grin, prompting Louis to throw one of the couch cushions at his face. Harry's calm nature and tired mind prevented him from having fast enough reflexes and the dense cushion hit him square in the face which resulted in the curly-haired boy falling on his arse and groaning through the laughter of the other two lads.