⟨⟨ ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
Dear Patience

Elora had been living the last week of her life as though every day was a dream

Elora had been living the last week of her life as though every day was a dream. Louis had somehow managed to see her each day even though he had mentioned how hectic his schedule was. Every time they met up, he would be exhausted and stressed which made Elora promise to relieve some of his tension and help him enjoy life. They did the most ordinary activities but he still managed to drop her off and drive back to his flat with laughter still shining in his eyes. She made sure that no one knew who her new friend was so that he didn't feel pressured to suddenly fill a bigger role in her life even though he assured her that they were, indeed, friends. They had been spending the late hours of their evenings sending messages that made no sense but left the two of them dreaming happily. 

She was relieved to know that she never had to delve deep into her personal life because it was clear that Louis didn't want to do so either. Their conversations were light and refreshing whilst still genuine enough for their growth as friends to be substantial. Them steering away from familial life did, however, lead to Louis not knowing that Elora was meeting her sister that Friday afternoon. As normal, she didn't expect him to want to do anything that day even though he surprised her with the opposite every time.
Whilst standing in front of her open closet, she sighed at her inability to decide what she wanted to wear. One of the many things that she adored about her older sister was her inclination to always dress to the nines. Most people would say that constantly putting in that much effort into how they looked was a pain, but Elora was always inspired by the woman's confidence.

"I don't know why you're thinking about this so much," Simon commented from her doorway as he watched her stare at the clothes hanging before her. 
"I like putting more effort in when I see my sister," she shrugged as she moved forward to slide some articles around.
"Don't see why," he grumbled, "She's seen you at your worst - it doesn't make sense to try and be at your best around her."
"Don't worry, Simmy," she laughed as he groaned at the nickname, "I'll dress up for you the next time we go out." 
As she pulled out a pale pink dress and matching heeled pumps, he muttered, "I hope you know how that sounds."

She shoved him out of her room as she laughed at his comment before moving to her dresser and picking out the various items of jewellery she paired with her outfit. After sliding on the body-hugging dress, she ran her hands over the black lace on the sides to smooth out the fabric. Checking the time, she realised that she had a little less time than she thought, so she scurried to her desk and got started on applying the make-up she rarely cared to wear. The attention she put into doing her golden-hued eyeshadow filled her with pride as she shoved her lipstick and phone into the matching Chanel purse she had picked out. Fiddling with the bracelets that rested against her watch, she sighed and prepared herself to leave the apartment. Elora hurriedly pulled on her white coat over the dress and grabbed Simon's car keys as she sent a farewell in his oblivious direction. 

By the time she arrived at the aesthetic bistro, she was five minutes late and could see her sister waiting by one of the tables. Taking in the dark walls and gold finishes that comprised the elegant place her sister had suggested, Elora immediately knew why she had picked it. Kiera Rayne was one of those people who made you feel like you should follow her around and bring her coffee even if you had no obligation to. The ambitious woman exuded confidence and beauty in a way that Elora had always admired. Growing up under the influence of someone who always knew exactly what they wanted from life had been a major motivating factor in her mission to be confident in who she was as an individual.