⟨⟨ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇs ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ
Night Changes

When the boys' fifth album dropped out of nowhere, it took Elora a bit longer to discover its release than Louis thought

When the boys' fifth album dropped out of nowhere, it took Elora a bit longer to discover its release than Louis thought. He had expected insistent spamming when the female woke up but instead found her normal responses to his texts – which, admittedly, hurt a little bit. He went the entire day waiting for her to suddenly tell him that she had known all along but he was sorely mistaken. They had been busy the entire day, considering their sudden release took the world by surprise, but he had been watching his phone the entire time. The lads had noticed his distracted state and tried to question him, but he brushed them off and merely blamed it on his exhaustion.

Elora was rather embarrassed when she heard the news from her brother. She had been working on her thesis, much like she normally did, when she got the message from her enthusiastic sibling on their group. Her phone was buzzing incessantly for a minute as she tried to ignore it but, eventually, she caved and switched on the screen.

Snakes

Tommo
NEW. ALBUM. OUT.
SCREAMING.
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
THE AUDACITY
THEIR CONFIDENCE
I'M A WHORE FOR ONE DIRECTION

Keri
What is your problem?
Not all of us are in the US
Wait... shouldn't be sleeping

Tommo
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK
MY HEART IS BEATING SO FAST
IT'S SO GOOD

Keri
I hope you know how you sound
Crazy and disgusting, that is.

Thomas, shouldn't you be sleeping?
And, Keira, how's work going?

Keri
Shut up, no one needs you being condescending
Thomas is freaking out illiterately

Tommo
ONE DIRECTION HAS A NEW ALBUM
THAT THEY RELEASED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Keri
Which middle of the night?

Tommo
I don't know, time is a construct of our imagination.

Wait...
Really???

Keri
Ooohhhh
Someone's in trouble...

Tommo
Keira isn't making any sense so I'm going to sleep now

Elora quickly closed the app and moved on to her Apple Music, silently praying that her brother was joking and that she was still a good friend. Upon entering One Direction's page she noticed the dreaded proof that she was a horrible person. They had, indeed, released an album sometime earlier and she hadn't seen - worse than that, she hadn't even mentioned it to Louis. With a sinking feeling in her chest, she shut off her phone and stared at her written notes in front of her before realising that Louis hadn't mentioned anything either. Knowing what she should do, she hesitantly switched on her phone again and found his contact before pressing her phone to her ear as she held her breath.