⟨⟨ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
Midnight Memories

The muffled sound of movement in the kitchen drew Elora to her wake as sun shone in her eyes

The muffled sound of movement in the kitchen drew Elora to her wake as sun shone in her eyes. The oddity of sunshine in London during December baffled her for a moment before her door creaked open and a curtain of blonde hair made an appearance. Upon noticing that she was awake, Vera smiled and handed her a mug of tea before tentatively sitting down.
Once she had nodded in thanks, the bubbly girl exhaled, "I want to propose facing the wild outdoors today."
"I suppose," she cleared her gritty voice, "you have been rather sheltered for your first time in England."
With a 'hmm' that clearly meant 'you could say so', Vera proposed, "Let's be cliché tourists: take cringey photos, annoy locals and make memories."
"No need to sell me," she chuckled, "You deserve a proper tour."

Her excited friend jumped up, clapping her hands before urging her to get picture-ready before skipping out of her room. After finishing her tea and habitually switching on her phone before recalling the limited amount of people she messaged, she slid out of bed and considered Vera's instruction. It had reached the end of her stay as she could not remain across the globe for Christmas, what with her demanding family and plethora of other friends she had to attend to. So, with the intention of making that final day the best of her time in the foreign country, Elora put far too much consideration into her appearance.

She eventually excited her room with perfectly curled hair, winged eye-liner and makeup to leave her companion jealous of her skills. Twirling in the navy skater skirt with a white button-up tucked in, she stopped in front of Vera and adjusted her grey blazer with professional finnesse. Elora rose an eyebrow as she gingerly placed the wide-brimmed, black hat on her head and adjusted her glasses before smirking, "Enough effort or should I wear my Matric Dance dress?"
"How do you manage to match your heels with your skirt perfectly?" she questioned before gasping, "And the glasses match the blazer! Sheesh, Elora, you'd think you had style."
"Maybe I just have Styles," she laughed.
With a wack on the arm and rolled eyes, Vera guided her friend to the door and waited impatiently for her to get her keys and bag.

As they prepared to leave, Simon walked out of his room fully dressed and snatched the car keys from Elora's grasp. They let out questioning gasps before he smirked, "You've been here for three months, how do you expect to properly present this city?"
With a grumble of 'four and a half', they allowed the obnoxious male to join them and lead them to his car. Throughout the drive they discussed the programme and bargained for Simon to leave them alone after lunch so that they could gossip without him.

Their first destination was, obviously, Big Ben where they took far too many photos that Elora would never admit enjoying. Their guide, an obnoxious student with minimal knowlege, took the liberty of splurting out random facts that he was reading from Google. They giggled as he made comments on the architecture, mispronouncing words and looking just as confused as them. After a while they simultaneously agreed that it wasn't interesting enough to spend more time on and moved to the next spot on the list.