⟨⟨ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
End of the Day

The pair's brief stint away from the pressures of everyday life came to a close with the rambunctious event that was Harry Styles' New Year's Extravaganza

The pair's brief stint away from the pressures of everyday life came to a close with the rambunctious event that was Harry Styles' New Year's Extravaganza. He obviously didn't label it that, he had some phony sophisticated title for the gathering but Louis and Niall were sniggering about it regardless. As they surrounded themselves with intoxicated strangers who must have had some significance in order to be there, Elora couldn't help but feel a little out of depth once again. She was noticing a trend and it was slightly uncomfortable.

Thinking back to earlier that day, Elora longed for the comforting hug of Jay Tomlinson and the bubbling laughter of Louis' many siblings. The twins had clung to her with desperate pleas to join them so that they didn't have to watch over babies for their New Year's and Elora would've consoled them if she had anything encouraging to say. Fizzy had managed to run off to friends for the evening but was diligent in making sure she bid the girl farewell - slightly awkward in her attempts to seem nonchalant despite how much she had grown to admire the older girl. Elora had hugged her and whispered a promise to always be text away if she ever needed an outsider's guidance. The tighter pull of scrawny arms around her lithe frame confirmed all that Elora needed to know about the impact she had made on the younger girl's life. Lottie was confidently open in her goodbye and made Elora promise to keep in contact for whenever they needed to vent about Louis' annoying habits. She laughed and pulled the oldest sister into a hug and agreed that it wouldn't be the last they saw of each other.

Louis had been sufficely emotional at the extensive farewells his family shared with the girl who held his heart. He hadn't said anything about his discovery but it already felt rather belittled due to their obvious prior awareness of it. Regardless, it was sweet to watch their interactions and the warmth in his heart was untameable as it spread to his cheeks when she turned around and caught him staring. It didn't help that she had dressed up absolutely mesmerisingly for the party that evening and he was finding it worldly difficult to keep himself to himself. The white tulle of her bejeweled dress brushed against his arm as she moved past him to pick up the silver clutch she had stuffed far too many things into. Attempting to suppress his shivers at the feeling was nearly as challenging as maintaining his facade of indifference and limiting his compliments to casual platonic comments. He decided, as he placed his hand lightly on the small of her back and she blushed slightly, that if he got her to respond similarly to further compliments throughout the night - then he'd take the risk.

It was only upon buckling himself into the driver seat that he noticed the silver snowflake pendent hanging from her pale neck. He didn't even try to hide his smugness at that, far too pleased that she was wearing his Christmas gift so soon after receiving it. He had given it to her with the notion that it was a momento from their time together over Christmas; she seemed to really liked the idea from the blush that didn't leave her cheeks a good few minutes after that.