⟨⟨ sʜᴇ ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
She

Elora being the girls' new favourite person lended a hand to her constantly being dragged away on some random whim

Elora being the girls' new favourite person lended a hand to her constantly being dragged away on some random whim. Jay found it greatly amusing and always consoled her son with the notion that at least she was accepted. Louis knew that it was important for Elora to be liked by his family, despite them only being friends (an idea he constantly reminded himself of) and thus was happy they had all taken such a liking to her. It did, however, put a plug in his intentions to spend as much time with the woman as possible. Fortunately, Louis' presence in the house meant that there was an authoritive figure to help around and his mother took the opportunity without complaint. He was running around on various tasks and errands, trying to manage the excess children that Jay couldn't handle – which meant that he was at least able to properly get to know the new twins.

That happened to be another benefit on Elora's side, she didn't have the fondest experiences with babies so constantly being with the other siblings meant that she could limit contact time. She knew that it was selfish and she should probably make an effort because Louis looked far too frazzled for a relaxing holiday – but she preferred not tainting the fragile image of grandeur that the girls viewed her in. Ernest and Doris were very young but they already had the notorious boisterous characteristics that seemed to run in their genes. With slight relief, however, Elora discovered that Doris was much calmer.

Her discovery was revealed when she had been cuddled up on the couch, sipping on a large mug of tea and bundled in a large jumper Louis had lent her – she fully intended on attempting to steal it. Doris was walking already but her mumbles were still very much incoherent, something that normally bothered Elora but she was trying her best to be kind-hearted. She had waddled into the living room, stumbling over her very small feet and eyes set firmly on the elusive guest. Elora muttered a quiet 'oh crap' to herself when she recognised the determined glint in the youngest girl's gaze but raised herself slightly. Sending the toddler a small smile, she waited patiently for her reckoning.

As it turned out, all that the tiny being wanted was to join Elora on the couch. She had raised her arms expectantly, a soft mumbled whine leaving her lips before the brunette gingerly lifted her up beside her. Doris let out a happy babble and nestled into the groves of Elora's frame, grasping the knitted wool of her pillage and watching her expectantly. Rather hesitantly, the cautious female rested back into her previous position with a watchful eye on the child, trying to read her reaction. Doris waited until she was comfortable once more before resting her tiny body against her's, snuggled between the couch and her torso. She couldn't help but coo slightly as the toddler closed her eyes and sighed minutely into the material of her brother's clothes.

A beat later, after returning to the gentle sipping of her tea and peaceful reading of her novel, the bang of the front door slamming open alerted her from the stupor she had slipped into. Doris remained cocooned in her warmth but Elora watched the direction of the entry hall with rapt attention, waiting for any sign of someone responding.
"Tommo!" someone yelled loudly and the baby girl pushed her face closer to the larger body protecting her. Pattering footsteps sounded down the stairs. Well, pattering makes them sound energic, it was more of sluggish slides creeping slowly down. Elora could tell that it was Louis who had come to scope out the possible threat since he had been taking a delightful nap before and the sound of his steps were akin to that of a person dragging themselves from slumber to murder the audacious person who woke them up.