⟨⟨ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʏᴏᴜ ⟩⟩

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sɪx
Always You

The towering building loomed in her sights as she watched the streets, checking for any signs of chaos as she weaved through the multitudinous roads

The towering building loomed in her sights as she watched the streets, checking for any signs of chaos as she weaved through the multitudinous roads. Overcast skies blanketed the background in a dreary grey, the typical atmosphere for a London day yet somehow more noticeable at that moment. Perhaps it was the significance of the date but Elora had been mulling over exactly that for too long, she couldn't add pathetic fallacy to it as well.

A sudden shift in light brought back the contemplative musings she had managed to stave off, the warning that she was soon to reach her destination enough to get the thoughts whirring once more. Wondering over the potential mood of her friend when she arrived and whether his emotional state would require comforting were aspects of the anxieties she considered. The excitement she had felt at the prospect of seeing Louis again had been immediately dampened at the reminder that he was dealing with a break-up and would probably be distraught in his grief. Of course, he had been dating Eleanor for two years and they had an extensive history, surely he would be suffering. She couldn't afford to be insensitive in her selfishness. 

The parking lot was desolate and dreary, cold air freezing the concrete and darkening its grey into charcoal. She knew that he would be exiting through a hidden door and that she had to park in a very specific spot, the message was adamant on that instruction. Scrolling through the information, she felt guilty at causing such a hassle when she really could have just allowed his security team to take him home. Fortunately she was comforted by the knowledge that Louis had requested specifically for her to take him home. She grinned at the thought of his similar excitement to be reunited. 

Far earlier than expected, knocking on the window shocked her from her thoughts. The weary yet grinning face of her dear friend welcomed her and she couldn't help but jump to open the door. Her excitement led to a slight misjudgement and she landed up hitting the door into Louis' body but as she apologised, it was drowned out by his gentle giggles. Placing his hands lightly on her forearms to halt her panicking, he drew her attention back to the clear blue she had longed to see once again. 
Almost instinctively, they crashed into each other with a ferocity probably unwarranted for only a week's separation. The softness of his vintage Adidas hoodie combined with the warmth of his figure melted into Elora and she clung to it tightly, allowing him to cradle her in his arms as she reciprocated the hold. 

His security continued with the processes unbeknownst to them until, eventually, they had to be verbally instructed to leave the parking lot before more people arrived. It was a private sector but there was always the possibility of exposure and none of them wanted that to infringe on their peace. Louis found his way to the passenger seat after he had individually thanked each of the members who had been with them, Elora starting the car as she waited.