Chapter 57

Atifa's pov: 

I was in the kitchen with bhabi while his mom and the other guests were outside in the hall. Amira and Alayna - after squealing and gushing about having gotten the chance to meet again - had rushed to our room to play. They seriously reminded me of Emaan. And just thinking about her and how far we were from each other, made me sad. 

Shaking these thoughts off my mind, I concentrated on what bhabi was telling me about as a scowl adorned her face. 

"-tabhi to I told him that na. Lekin nahi, janab ko to meri baat sunni hi nahi hai!" 

(-thats why I told him that. But no, he doesn't want to listen to me!) 

"Maaz bhai ne sach me aapki baat nahi suni? That's a first bhabi." Looking at her, I grinned. 

(Maaz didn't actually listen to you? That's a first bhabi.) 

"Kaha first time? Wo to kabhi meri baat nahi sunte hai yaar." She whined, shaking her head. 

(What first time? He never listens to ma man!) 

"Accha. Lekin dekh ke aisa lagta to nahi hai." Shaking my head I replied, amused. 

(Oh. But it doesn't look like that.) 

"Dekhne se to wo bohot masoom bhi dikhte hai, lekin hai kya?" Snickering, she retorted. 

(He looks innocent too, but is he?) 

"Nahi hai?" Raising a brow, I asked her inquisitively. 

(He isn't?) 

"He is a devil in disguise man! Seriously!" She muttered with a sullen face. 

"Bhabi ab ye kuch zyada bol rahi hai aap. Bhai ab itna bhi zyada tang nahi karte honge aapko." Chuckling, I replied while stirring the tea as it's aroma filled the air around us.  

(Now you are saying too much. He wouldn't annoy you that much.) 

"Haa haa, tum to yahi bologi na. Jhelna to mujhe padta haina unke anokhe tantrums ko!" She pouted, popping a savoury snack in her mouth. 

(Yeah yeah, you will say this only. It's me who actually have to face his unique tantrums!) 

"I didn't mean that." I murmured, shaking my head as a small smile played on my lips, refusing to leave. 

"I know, I know. But you know what's the best thing now?" Clapping her hands, she grinned while looking at me, a mischievous glint glinting in her eyes. 

"Jee, kya?" 

(Yeah, what?)!

"Ab I can throw tantrums jee bhar ke without having to validate it again and again." She chuckled, a faraway look taking over her features. 

(Now I can throw tantrums as much as I want without having to validate it again and again.) 

"Wo kyu- Oh haa. Sahi kaha." Looking at her in amusement, I replied, already pitying Maaz bhai while thinking about what he would have to face. 

(Why- Oh yeah. You are right.)  

"Haina? Ab mai badla lungi unse. Bohot tang kar liya mujhe, ab meri baari hai." Coming back to this world, she replied excitedly. 

(I know right? Now I will take my revenge. He has annoyed me a lot, now it's my turn.) 

"Bhabi aap to aise keh rahi hai jaise aapne bhai ko kabhi tang hi nahi kiya." Laughing and shaking my head, I commented.