Chapter 76

Atifa's pov:

"I want to go back home too." Running my hand through Amira's hair, I insisted helplessly.

"But we are just going there to find the gun now, nothing else." Sighing, he replied tiredly. It was the next day and the police officer wanted him to go with them to our house to search for the gun.

When he first informed me about the police case, I couldn't believe it. Because it meant that ammi's life was in danger. They could just arrest her for an attempted murder. And I- I didn't want that. I couldn't just… accept it. Even after whatever it is that happened, she was still my mother, and I couldn't just let her get arrested or something. I told this to him too, I didn't want him to reveal about where the gun was, because that was going to be a solid evidence against her. And it was abbu's gun, not ours. I couldn't lose it too. I also couldn't let ammi get punished just because she couldn't remember some things!

Passing me an assuring smile, Saad told me that there were chances that this case would be closed based on ammi's health. Because they would definitely not arrest someone who was suffering from Alzheimer knowing how it might have affected her mental health. This has calmed me down slightly, making me take a sigh of relief. Regarding abbu's gun, he told me that they might return it once the case is closed, which once again assured me that there were chances of things getting alright.

"And I feel sick of this hospital, I want to go too." I fired back with a pout, really wanting to get out of this place.

"You haven't healed yet so you will have to stay here, even if you don't want to." With a pointed look, he replied sternly, leaving no room for arguments before looking at Amira and suggesting expectantly. "Amira can come with us if she wants to though."

"I don't want to leave api alone." She mumbled while turning her head away from him and snuggling into my stomach.

"We will be back after finding the gun princess. And you know where you kept it, so it would get easier for us to find it. And we can come back quickly too, right?" He insisted hopefully while glancing at me.

"This isn't fair! I want to go and you aren't letting me but asking her to join you instead." Huffing I folded my arms, instantly regretting my quick action when slight pain ran through my shoulder.

"That's because she takes care of herself and she is fine while you aren't." Rolling his eyes, he replied while leaning back on his seat.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I looked down and whined. "Mira, tell him that I take care of myself too."

"Bhaijaan you can't say that! Api takes care of herself too sometimes." Turning her face to look at him again, she repeated.

"See- Wait what?! Sometimes? Only sometimes? I didn't say that!" Realising what she told him, I narrowed my eyes at her before pouting and leaning back on the pillow.

"You didn't but I did because I know na." Sighing, she shrugged her shoulders lazily, not lifting her face from my lap.

"Ya Allah! You guys are just so..." Annoyed, I gritted my teeth, not knowing what to add.

"Amazing, ikr!" Grinning sheepishly, Amira completed.

"Ughhh, no!" Looking away from them in frustration, I exclaimed before looking at him with wide hopeful eyes again. "But can I please go with you? Bas thodi der ke liye hi sahi?"

(Only for a while?)

"Agar api jaingi to mai bhi jaungi." Amira mumbled from my lap, her arms tightening around me.