Chapter 19

Saad's pov :

It was finally time. The moment, which was going to change my life forever. She already gave her answer. Although it looked like she got lost in her thoughts at one point, she answered in affirmative. And now it was my turn. I had to give my answer and it would be considered as the final decision. It would decide whether this nikkah happens or not. It would decide whether we would live together or not. Everything was based on my answer.

"Do you, Saad Ibrahim, son of Faisal Ibrahim, accept Atifa Ahmed, daughter of late Daniyal Ahmed, as your lawfully wedded wife, with the haq Mehr of Mehr-e-Fatimi?" Qazi sahab asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I glanced at bhai, only to watch him keenly observing me, waiting for my reply. He gave me a nod of encouragement, silently asking me to go ahead.

Glancing beside me, I found everyone looking at me. One particular person's gaze caught my attention once again. This time, with me, he was glaring at Qazi sahab too. And from the corner of my eye, I caught his gaze drifting at the women's side, making me annoyed. "Qubool hai." I replied loudly, my voice firm. I saw his gaze snapping towards us in shock and a satisfied smile tugged at my lips. Now he should know not to try anything like that again.

"Do you, Saad Ibrahim, son of Faisal Ibrahim, accept Atifa Ahmed, daughter of late Daniyal Ahmed, as your lawfully wedded wife, with the haq Mehr of Mehr-e-Fatimi?"

Qazi sahab asked me for the second time and I didn't waste much time replying. "Qubool hai."

"Do you, Saad Ibrahim, son of Faisal Ibrahim, accept Atifa Ahmed, daughter of late Daniyal Ahmed, as your lawfully wedded wife, with the haq Mehr of Mehr-e-Fatimi?"

"Qubool hai." I replied and although I was looking down, I could feel his heated glare on me, which strangely enough, made me smile.

Bhai leaned from his place, giving me a side hug with a smile. Looking at him, I smiled back while hugging him. Zeeshan patted my back with a wide grin as he congratulated me. "Congratulations bro! May Allah bless you both and always keep you guys happy."

"Aameen." I mumbled with a smile.

._._._.

We were both sitting on the couch after signing the papers and receiving congrats from almost everyone. Thankfully, Emaan's father or brothers didn't come forward to congratulate us yet. Don't get me wrong, but I just don't want that guy around her. Around my wife. It seemed strange to even think about it, the word wife I mean.

None of us has uttered a word yet. I haven't even looked at her properly except for that glimpse I was able to have before nikkah. And at that time too, I wasn't able to watch her face. I glanced at her only to catch her stealing a glance at my suit from the corner of her eyes. Amusement flickered through me as a smile graced my lips.

She was dressed in a cream gown, the bodice covered in pearls and the dress flowing down from waist. No doubt it made her look like an angel. And no wonder people seem to keep gazing at her. Not wanting my thoughts to drift towards a particular 'someone' present in the room, I turned my attention back at the angel sitting beside me. Her henna cladded hands were holding a clutch and a flower bouquet. "Assalamuaikum." I mumbled loud enough for her to hear after clearing my throat.

She stilled at her place, as if not expecting me to start a conversation. Finally, recovering from her shock, she replied in a hushed voice. "Walikumussalam." This was the first time I was noticing her voice, it was soft, sweet and in a way, it added to her angelic look today. She glanced around before playing with her fingers. My gaze seemed to follow her every move as I observed her.