Chapter 9

Saad's pov :

I was woken up by aunty Safiya for Asr prayer. I quickly made wudu in the washroom downstairs and prayed in the drawing room where aunty left a prayer mat for me. After praying, I was just sitting there, contemplating whether I should call my parents or not when aunty came back again.

"Can you go and wake up Amira and Alayna? They will miss their prayers and even I have to go and pray now, or else I would have woken them up myself." She told me apologetically.

I stood up, nodding at her. "It's okay aunty, where are they sleeping?" I asked her confused.

"Ah, they are upstairs, second room. You will get to know, don't worry." She replied before leaving. Second room? What if I enter the wrong room?

Confused, I cautiously went upstairs and saw only three doors. It must be the middle one which she referred to as the second one. The door to this room was already ajar. Going towards it, I saw her standing there, trying to wake them up.

'Who will even wake up by listening to this soft voice?' I thought and a chuckle threatened to escape my lips. Quickly clearing my throat, I told her. "They won't wake up like this, let me wake them up."

Hearing my voice she turned around, moved aside without looking up and when I came inside, she rushed out of the room. I shook my head while my lips twitched into a smile unknowingly.

My trick of 'not-playing-with-them-tomorrow-if-they-don't-wake-up-now' worked and they woke up. I smiled in victory. After they prayed -which was so cute to watch - I gently reprimanded Alayna for leaving her bag behind.

"Sorry bhai, I got hurt and... And I didn't know what to do. I was crying and Amira asked me to come with her. And... I- I forgot my bag there..." She stuttered while looking down sadly, her eyes brimming with unshed tears.

I couldn't see anyone cry. Let alone because of me. Sighing, I hugged her. "It's okay, I forgive you. Just don't leave anything behind recklessly next time. I was so worried about you. I thought..." I stopped midway. I thought I lost you. And I couldn't bear the thought of losing someone else too.

After a while, I stood up and left the room, heading downstairs. I almost reached the end when I saw her coming from the kitchen. Before our gazes could meet, I quickly walked into the drawing room. Just as I sat down, Magrib azan went off and Aunty Safiya returned.

"You can go to the Masjid as long as you promise to come back after praying." She said, smiling warmly at me.

'Where can I even go when you literally have my sister with you? I can't leave her behind, even you know that.' My mind stated in irritation while I just nodded my head.

"Ok then, you are free to go." She replied enthusiastically before going out.

._._._.

I was sitting in the guest room which Aunty had cleaned up especially for me. 'How sweet right?' I thought sarcastically.

And before I could think much, a knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts. "Come in." I replied thinking who it could be.

Aunty peeked in from the door before coming inside. She had some clothes in her hand. And she seemed awkward? It was a surprise for me since she has only come off as bold and authoritative in front of me.

"Since you can't go back to bring your clothes, I thought I should help you out. Here are some clothes which were my husband's. But I don't think we will ever need them... And don't worry, they are new. He didn't use them." Keeping the clothes on my bed, she said, going back to her firm and bold self. This woman confuses me.