Chapter 56

Saad's pov: 

"Be quiet, princess. Or else everyone will know our little secret." I murmured while looking around, trying to see if our coast was clear or not. 

"But- but bhai, I can't stop giggling!" Alayna giggled, covering her mouth with her hand. 

"You have to stop it Alayna! You can laugh all you want later." I begged quietly, hoping no one catches us like this. We had just returned from the beach and were trying to reach our room without anyone's notice. This was because Alayna couldn't stop giggling and I didn't want to answer anyone's questions. 

"Okie. I will try." She wheezed out, trying to stop herself. Controlling herself, she added after a while as we headed into the lobby. "Jazak Allahu Khairan bhai, I enjoyed a lot!" 

"Wa Antum Fa Jazak Allahu Khairan princess. I'm glad you did. And even I did. Today was such an eventful day." 

"Saad, join me in my study. I need to speak to you." Just as I replied to her, baba's voice boomed in the lobby, startling me. 

"Jee baba. I'm coming." Biting my tongue at my carelessness, I replied quickly, hearing his footsteps fade away. "Alayna, go and freshen up." Telling her gently, I took a deep breath before following baba, wondering what the matter could be. 

(Okay) 

"Jee bhai." I heard her faint reply as she skipped to her room. 

(Okay.) 

Noticing the door ajar, I entered while closing it behind me before asking him. "Jee baba, aapko mujhse kuch baat karni thi?" 

(Yeah dad, you wanted to speak with me?) 

"Mai kabse aapke ghar aane ka intezaar kar raha tha. Badi der ho gayi aaj." Sitting on his chair, he said while looking up at me. 

(I was waiting for you to return back. It took you quite long today.) 

"Jee. Bas aaj thodi der ho gayi. Aap bataiye, koi khaas baat hai kya?" Taking a few steps ahead, I leaned on the small circular table kept a few meters away from the study table at one side. 

(Yes. I got a bit late today. You tell me, is it something important?) 

"Aap kaha the?" Instead of answering me, he inquired with a raised brow, making me frown internally. What was up with this sudden questioning? 

(Where were you?) 

"Bas Alayna ko beach par leke gaya tha." Picking up a book from the table behind me, I replied nonchalantly. 

(I just took Alayna to the beach with me.) 

"Itni bhi kya jaldi thi ke fresh bhi nahi ho sakte the kaam ke baad?" 

(What was the hurry that you didn't even freshen up before heading out again?) 

"Mai fresh hoke gaya tha..." I muttered cautiously, wondering where this was going. 

(I did freshen up…) 

"Accha. Kisse milne gaye the?" His question caught me off guard. 

(I see. Who did you go to meet there?) 

"J- Jee?" Looking up at him in shock, I stuttered, my mind going blank. He was looking at me, observing me, his gaze unwavering and blank. 

(W- What?) 

"Maine tumhe dekha tha beach par. Isliye puch raha hu, kisse milne gaye the?" 

(I saw you there at the beach. That's why I'm asking you, who did you go to meet there?)