Chapter 12

Saad's pov :

It is definitely a crazy day. No arguments. And the day hasn't even ended yet. I don't even know what else will I have to face now. Hopefully whatever it is, isn't as bad as my argument with her mom. It was unexpected and I won't disagree that I wasn't scared. Or I don't know... But I just couldn't argue with her because she seemed scary. Okay, if her daughter hears this then I guess I will be dead. But that's the truth.

I really didn't mean to offend her or anything. I was just trying to buy my sister the dress she liked and then BOOM! I can't even buy her that. Thankfully, she saved me from her mother. It was the second time that she saved me today. First from my sister's upcoming questions and second from her mother. I owe her.

Come to think about it, maybe living with her won't be that bad. Hopefully. In Shaa Allah, I muttered in my head. We were now heading to the jewellery shop which her mother spotted. She went to the other shop with her friend. Is it weird that she didn't come to this shop? I mean, girls love jewelleries, don't they?

Shaking my thoughts away, I looked around, trying to figure out what am I even doing here. I don't have to buy anything right? But since I don't know this place, I can't even go around because I'm sure I will get lost. Sighing, I started looking through the jewelleries.

A sudden thought popped up in my mind. Do we have to gift something to our wife after marriage? Furrowing my eyebrows, I tried to think if my brother gifted something to his wife. I don't remember. But I do remember ammi pestering him to buy something for her at that time and I was laughing at him, enjoying his state.

Oh how fast time flies and things change!

Running my hands through my hair, I released a long breath. What should I gift her? I have no idea about her likes or dislikes. Maybe I should just stick to something sure and safe.

Everyone gives wedding rings so that will have to do I guess. My gaze sweeped around, trying to find where the rings were situated.

But even if I want to buy a ring for her, I don't know her ring size. What should I do now? Ya Allah why am I even stuck here in this situation!

My gaze landed on Alayna and Amira and a smile made its way onto my lips. I know exactly what to do. "Alayna, Amira!" I called them over. Hopefully this plan works.

"Yes bhai." They replied, coming towards me. I held their hands and tugged them aside.

"I need your help. But this should remain a secret between us." I told them slowly while looking around for her mother. I don't want her to listen to us or know my plan.

Their eyes lit up. "Secret?" Amira asked me excitedly.

"Yes secret. Will you guys keep one?" I questioned hopefully.

"Yes bhai we will. But how can we help you?" Alayna answered after exchanging a glance with Amira.

I hesitated. Should I really ask for their help? Oh well, I don't have any other option. "I want you guys to go and ask Amira's sister for her ring. Can you guys do that?"

They both looked at me curiously. "But why do you want it?" Amira asked me with big curious eyes.

Should I tell them? It will be a big risk and I can't take that. But why do I not have any other option? "I want to buy a gift for your sister." I admitted softly. I don't know why but suddenly I was feeling hot here, although the air conditioner was turned on.

"Oooo." Their faces formed a cute 'o' as they whispered happily. Their eyes lit up with happiness and excitement. "But bhai we want something in return." Alayna told me innocently. But I know she isn't that innocent. And how did I not think about this? I should have known that they would ask for something in return. But the tea has already been spilled and I can't get it back in, so I will have to agree.