Chapter 27

Atifa's pov :

Tip toeing out of my room, I made my way towards ammi's room. Hoping that she left her room unlocked, I twisted the door knob and thankfully, it was open. Opening the door slightly, I made my way to her bed. The one thing for which I was thankful for was the small light bulb illuminating her room. Ammi didn't like to sleep in darkness and I don't think I would have been able to face it after that nightmare.

Getting on my knees down on the floor beside her bed, I gazed at her peacefully sleeping figure. "Alhamdulillah." As soon as my gaze landed on her face, those words left my lips as gratitude filled my heart. I lifted my hand to lightly touch her face, only to hold myself back when I saw her stirring in her sleep. For a moment there, my breath hitched thinking that I got myself caught.

Closing my eyes, I sighed. "You remember how I used to come to you whenever I had a bad dream or a nightmare?" Opening my eyes, I paused, making sure she was still sleeping. "I miss those days, ammi. I miss you. I miss abbu. I miss everything... And you know, today is one of those days. I had a bad dream and I thought... I thought I lost you. I thought I lost you all... I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. I usually pray and tonight too, I would have prayed but... But I couldn't. So here I'm, trying to let my thoughts free... But I know I won't be at peace until I talk to Allah about it. I know it's going to haunt me until I let it all out in front of him. But I'm trying you know, I'm trying." I mumbled as I desperately tried not to cry and wake her up. Taking gulps of deep breath in between to calm myself down.

Wiping under my eyes, I gulped before continuing. "You know what is surprising? I saw him and Alayna too. Other than you guys, no one ever comes in my dreams, but tonight they did. I wonder what it means. I- I don't want them to get involved too. It's hard enough already. And I can't deal with things getting harder. You know... Sometimes it feels like I can't take it anymore. It just gets too much. I just..." I couldn't complete my sentence as I felt my breath getting heavier. I left it hanging there as I tried to control my raging emotions and calm my heartbeat down.

After taking a few deep breaths, I stood up, afraid of waking her up if I stayed here any longer. Touching her face lightly, I smiled slightly. "I love you ammi." I whispered as I lightly pecked her forehead before leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

I headed back to my room to grab a novel before going downstairs. I didn't want to wake anyone up and I was feeling hungry but I also didn't want to make anything. I turned on the lights of the kitchen and the living room, just for my assurance. Brewing a cup of coffee and taking out the cake which he bought for me, I settled on the kitchen island with my novel. This was going to be a long night. I mean, whatever was still left of it.

._._._.

Returning back to my room, I realised it was time for fajr. The continuous ringing of an alarm indicated to me that. Frowning, I looked around, trying to find my mobile. Keeping the book on my bedside table, I checked beside my pillow but found nothing. Facepalming, I realised my mobile was still in my purse.

Shaking my head at my forgetfulness, I took it out of my purse before turning off the alarm. Grabbing my abaya and hijab, which were still sprawled on my dressing table, I hung them back in their places.

Just as I sat down on my bed thinking of what to do next, his alarm started ringing incessantly. I waited for a while for him to wake up and turn it off, but when he didn't, I huffed before making my way towards him. His mobile was kept on the table behind the couch and he was finding it under his pillow.

Shaking my head and suppressing my chuckle, I turned the alarm off and waited for him to wake up while standing behind the couch. But to my astonishment, he just snuggled more and started sleeping again.