Chapter 28

Atifa's pov :

"Why ammi, why? Why would you do that? He had his whole life ahead of him and now, just because of you, he is tied down to me. Do you even realise what you did? You have just increased his responsibilities and I- I don't know! What if he already liked someone else? God! You messed up his life ammi. You realise that, don't you?" When I didn't get any reply from her for a while, and I was sure she wouldn't reply, I asked her again, this time my voice audible as I continued while running my hands through my hair in frustration.

Her gaze softened when she saw me like this, "Atifa, I-"

I turned around before she could continue just to find him standing there, in the doorway. "I don't want to hear anything anymore ammi." I muttered, wiping my tears furiously before starting to leave the kitchen.

"Will you listen to me at least?" He was saying when I shook my head furiously, not being able to meet his gaze.

"Leave me alone." I muttered before running upstairs towards my room. I could hear his footsteps following me as I entered my room. Rushing into the washroom, I closed the door loudly before wiping my tears away furiously and washing my face. I need to get out of here. Coming out, I grabbed my abaya and hijab, ignoring him completely.

"Where are you going?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed. He was hunched on the couch, his demeanour tired.

"Out." I mumbled, wrapping my hijab quickly.

"Where?" His gaze was curious as he questioned. When I didn't answer him, he heaved a sigh. "Alright, will you listen to me first? I wasn't done when I started telling you."

Tying my niqab, I turned to look at him. "Please not right now. I don't want to hear anything." I gritted out, my jaw clenched as I checked the time on the wall clock before walking out.

._._._.

What does everyone think of me? As an object? As a toy? As a puppet? Or what? No one even bothered to tell me what was going on. It was like they could pull on the strings of my life whenever they want and however they want without being bothered about who I was or what I was going through. My opinion didn't really matter, did it?

Even I was a human being. I would like to know what was actually happening in my life. They couldn't just pull someone in or push someone out like that. What was ammi thinking when she did that? Did she not even for once think about me? No actually, did she not even for once thought about letting me know what she planned on doing or what she did? Because it definitely didn't look like she ever even planned on letting me know about it.

Okay I understand, maybe she liked him. But even if that was the case, whatever she did wasn't right. It wasn't acceptable. If she really wanted to, she could have asked him normally. But no, she had to go this far and force him to marry me.

Did she even for once think that what if he was already married or committed to someone? Or if he already liked someone? Or if he even planned on getting married so soon? I didn't know. And honestly, I didn't even want to know. I didn't want to start disliking her for this even more by knowing these answers.

And what about him? Even he didn't bother to tell me about it. Not even once. He didn't even try. Was it so easy for him to just go with it without protesting or trying to tell me? Was it so easy for him to just come into my life and create havoc? A havoc which I had no idea on how to calm down.

Why did he even do that? He could have said no, right! He could have said no! He could have just rejected me! He could have asked me to reject him! But no, he had to go ahead with it. He had to agree! Why did he even sacrifice his dreams and goals? I could assure that it was not me. It could never be me. He didn't even know me. So how could it be me?