Chapter 52

Atifa's pov:

"Now are you even going to elaborate or have you vowed to just stay quiet?" Emaan chided, her voice thankfully calmer now.

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked while closing my eyes, not really wanting to talk about it.

"I wish. But no, you have to answer me. And that too right now! And by the way, where are you now? And whose number are you using? What happened to your mobile? Don't tell me you lost it or something, I'm going to kill you if that's the case." She questioned all together, breathless by the end of her query.

"Ya Allah, calm down ladki! First go and drink some water, then I will answer you." I replied, chuckling slightly.

(Girl!)

"Yeah yeah, okay mom!" She huffed before the line went silent, I could hear some shuffling from the other side before she exclaimed. "Done!"

"Itni jaldi! Emaan tumhe pata haina ke paani ek ghunt me-"

(So soon! Emaan you do know that we should not drink water in just one gulp-)

"Haa meri maa, pata hai mujhe. Just tell me what happened already!?" Shaking my head, I started saying when she interrupted me, sounding annoyed.

(Yeah my mom, I know that.)

"Accha... You already know my mom and how she is... I mean... I don't know why she would do this... In this case, even I'm just as confused as you are, if not more..." Not wanting to annoy her more, I told her hesitantly.

(Okay...)

"Oh... Is she alright now? I mean... Is she behaving okay now?" She questioned, concern evident in her voice.

"I- I don't know. She is going back to her cold self and... I'm just so scared..." I mumbled painfully.

"Oh... I'm so sorry Atifa. I wish I was there with you... But this still doesn't mean that I forgive you!"

"Accha." Chuckling, I replied while adjusting myself on the sand, feeling the heat become unbearable.

(I see.)

"Yeah. Accha batao to, where are you now?" Curiosity could be heard in her voice as she questioned me.

(Okay tell me,)

"I'm in Savusavu. Uh..." I stuttered, not knowing how to tell her the main part.

"Oh... And... Does bhaijaan know anything about your whereabouts?... Bhai was telling me how worried he was. They searched the streets of Suva in hopes of finding you guys. And bhai even told me how tired and... miserable he looked." She hesitated before asking me, whispering the last part quietly.

"I... Uh... I'm with your bhaijaan right now?" Closing my eyes shut, I waited for her outburst, ready to pull the mobile away from my ear.

"Accha. Tab theek hai." She replied absent-mindedly before exploding on me. "WAIT WHAT? WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? OH MY GOD! WHA-? HOW? WHY? I MEAN, ARE YOU SERIOUS? YA ALLAH ANSWER ME GIRL!"

(Okay. Then it's fine.)

"Uh... yeah? I mean, let me explain. I-"

"YOU CRAZY GIRL! PAGAL LADKI! YOU ARE TELLING THAT TO ME NOW?! TUM WAHA KYA KAR RAHI HO?! NAHI ACTUALLY, TUM UNKE SAATH MAZE KAR RAHI HO AUR YAHA MAI KHAMAKHA PARESHAN HO RAHI THI? TUM MUJHE EK CALL KARKE TO BATA SAKTI THI NA KE KAHA HO TUM?! LEKIN NAHI, MADAM KO TO KUCH BATANA HI NAHI HAI AB. HUM TO PARAYE HO GAYE HAI, HAINA?" Before I could even reply anything, she continued yelling, making me pull the mobile away from my ear as I waited for her to calm down.