Chapter 53

Saad's pov: 

I still don't know what came over me for me to be acting that way. It was just that, watching her talk like that and chuckle softly compelled me to just keep looking at her. And the stares she was getting from those people around her was getting to me. Now could she not even talk to someone without people staring at her? Especially those boys on her left side, who couldn't keep their gazes lowered. It was just too much. 

I think I went up to her to warn her about them, but the moment I reached her and heard her talking about something that softly, I couldn't help but just get lost in her beauty. And I think that was the reason for my actions, I was lost. I actually lost my senses for doing that in front of so many people. God! This was so awkward and embarrassing. I didn't even know how I was going to face her after that. 

Sighing, I was just lost in my thoughts when I noticed her clicking some pictures away on my phone, which indicated that she was done talking to her friend. 

Remembering about the ring which I still had to return her back, - the same one which I asked Amira and Alayna to bring for me before our nikkah to check for her size - I headed towards her, already checking my pockets to find it. 

Frowning, I looked down to see if I got the right thing. A smile graced my lips on realising that it was, indeed, her ring. Reaching her, I shifted from one foot to another, not knowing how to get her attention. Clearing my throat, I waited for her to notice me, my hands in my pocket. 

Startled, she looked up before stumbling while trying to stand up, making me shake my head at her antics, a small smile tugging my lips. Was she feeling just as awkward or embarrassed as me? 

"Uh... I have something of yours with me..." I muttered while rubbing the back of my neck, feeling weird. 

"Which is?" Looking at me inquisitively, she questioned. 

"Your ring?" I replied before mentally facepalming at myself for sounding so uncertain. What must she be thinking of me now? 

"Which ring?" Confused, she asked me, the frown on her face could be heard in her voice. 

"Umm... The one which you handed to Amira before our nikkah?" Not knowing how to tell her that, I muttered questioningly. 

"Oh... But what is it doing with you? I mean- I gave it to Amira, right?" 

"Yeah. But maybe I asked her to bring it from you?" Laughing nervously, I replied. 

"But why?" 

"Because- Uh... I wanted to buy that ring for you?" This was definitely getting awkward and I didn't know what to do or say anymore. 

"Oh!" Looking away, she started fiddling with her hands, making me feel less awkward. 

"But how can you be so careless about it? I mean, I remember Amira telling me that you asked her not to lose this ring lekin yaha to tum khud hi bhul gayi uske baare me." Not wanting to drag this awkwardness anymore, I muttered while holding her left hand and sliding the ring on her middle finger. There was another ring on her ring finger, and upon observing it for a while, I realised it was the ring which I gifted her after our nikkah. Despite my scolding, I couldn't help the small smile which escaped my lips. 

(I mean, I remember Amira telling me that you asked her not to lose this ring but here you have only forgotten about it.)

"You can't blame me for that. Itna sab kuch ho raha tha, mai unn sab par focus karti ya apni ring par?" Her reply brought me out of my wonderland and I left her hand, feeling awkward at my actions again. Ya Allah what was wrong with me?