Chapter 17

Saad's pov :

It was past Jummah prayer and the house really seemed to be buzzing with excitement. The aroma of freshly made food mixed with the fragrance of floral decoration kept here and there really gave us the vibe of an upcoming wedding, something which was giving me jittery feeling as well as nervous strokes. I have never felt like this before in my entire life. I don't know if I should be scared or try to enjoy this moment. It might never come again in my life.

I changed into my suit after coming back and now we were standing at one corner of the room, contemplating on what to do next since we don't really know anyone here.

Someone bumped into my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts. I turned around to look at that person and try to help them, but before I could even ask or say something, that person was out of my sight. I frowned, was everything alright? Why was that person in so much hurry?

Shaking my head, I turned back, only to find my brother's gaze roaming around, trying to find something, or better yet, someone. "You won't find her here." I told him as I stood beside him.

"Who?" He questioned while furrowing his eyebrows and glancing at me.

"The one you are looking for. She is helping aunty in the kitchen." I replied with a smirk, looking around.

Bhai muttered something under his breath, making me chuckle. "You shouldn't be observing me this much." He muttered, looking away. "And even you won't be able to find her here, so there is no point of looking around." He added as an afterthought with a smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him as a groan threatened to escape my lips. Not again! Instead of giving him the satisfaction of getting to me, I sighed before looking away. "I wasn't looking for anyone." Still, I gritted out.

"Awww, did I make my little brother angry?" He cooed, not even trying to hide the smug look on his face.

"No." I tried to reply to him in a monotonous voice, nonchalantly.

And thankfully, before bhai could annoy me anymore, her uncle came to stand in front of us. Smiling at him, I wondered what the matter might be for him to come here. "I won't beat around the bush or anything. If you dare to hurt her even a bit or make her cry, then just know that the consequences won't be good for you. I will personally hunt you down and make sure to have you killed and make it look like an accident." He threatened me seriously, pointing a finger at me. The serious look on his face made my smile slip off and a look of horror passed through my features.

Is he in the mafia or something? No wait, is this whole family crazy? Like one person more crazier than the other? Is there some kind of competition between them on who will be the craziest? Because if that's the case, I won't doubt it even a bit.

Glancing over at bhai, I saw he had an amused look on his face as he watched my reaction. Was this looking funny to him? This person right here is threatening me and he finds it amusing? I looked back at him and gulped before nodding. "Okay." I replied meekly.

First of all, I didn't even want to marry her myself but 'someone' thought it was a good idea to get us married. And now, if I hurt her even by mistake, since it will be my fault, I will be killed? Wow! Okay. I get how it is.

Smiling, he patted my back. "I hope you understood. Now don't just stand there, come and enjoy. It is your nikkah after all. If you won't enjoy now then when will you enjoy?" Uncle teased me as he looked at bhai, silently asking him if he agrees.

"Yeah you are right! Enjoy your day chote, waise bhi this is your last day of freedom. Iske baad we don't know when will you be able to enjoy your life like how you used to." Bhai joined in the teasing, making me groan. (Younger one, and anyways) (After this)