Chapter 34

Atifa's pov :

"Where are we?" Amira questioned with a pout while looking around, distress clear in her voice and face.

Glancing at ammi, I turned back to look at her with helplessness. "We are in Savusavu." I replied when I realised ammi wouldn't be replying to her.

We reached here a while back and now we were all waiting for a cab outside the airport. I had no idea what ammi had planned further. I didn't know where we would be going or where we would be staying or anything. I just know that I'm hungry, sleepy, grumpy and tired. The flight had messed up everything. I couldn't even sleep because of this over thinking.

"But why are we here? I want to go back." Amira's question brought me out of my thoughts. I waited for ammi to reply to her, to tell her something, but she seemed to ignore her, or maybe avoid answering her as she just kept looking around, trying to find a cab.

Sighing, I looked at her again. "I don't know Mira. Maybe ammi has some work."

"But still, why did she bring us here? We could have stayed behind right? And ab to waha par bhaijaan aur Alayna bhi haina." She whined, making me internally groan.

(And now even brother-in-law and Alayna are there.)

"Pata nahi Mira. Ammi se puch lena." I replied in a tired voice, looking away from her.

(I don't know Mira. You can ask mom.)

"Accha. Lekin bhaijaan aur Alayna kyu nahi aaye hamare saath?" She asked me with curiosity filled voice.

(Okay. But why didn't brother-in-law and Alayna come with us?)

"Pata nahi yaar! Ammi se puch lena na." I replied in exasperation, my voice coming out rude unintentionally.

(I don't know man! You can ask mom later on.)

"I'm sorry Mira. I'm just tired. Hum baad me iske baare me baat karenge, okay?" Sighing, I added after a while, feeling guilty for shouting at her like that.

(We will talk about this later on, okay?)

"It's okay api. Jee theek hai." Amira replied quietly, now looking around with curiosity. A relieved sigh escaped my lips before I passed her a small smile, which she obviously couldn't see due to my niqab.

(It's okay sis. Alright.)

"Chalo, let's go. Abhi to koi cab nahi mil rahi hai to pehle cafe se kuch kha lete hai." Ammi told us with a frown, still looking around.

(Let's go. Since we aren't getting any cab right now, let's have something from the cafe.)

"Jee theek hai... Par hamara saaman?" I asked her uncertainly, eyeing our five to six suitcases which were kept beside us.

(Okay... But our luggage?)

"Oh haa... Iske baare me to maine socha hi nahi..." She muttered under her breath while taking a look at them. "Dekhte hai iska kya karna hai." She replied before calling a worker for our help.

(Oh yeah, I didn't think about this.)
(Let's see what we can do.)

Looking at her in confusion, I thought about what she might be thinking or planning now. Asking him about a nearby cafe, she asked him to take our luggage and follow us there. We headed to the cafe, still unsure about what to do with our stuff when I realised that it was an open cafe, which meant that we could keep our stuff with us as we had our breakfast.

Although it was summer so this place was quite hot and humid, but the area around the cafe was surprisingly cooler. Maybe due to the air-conditioning in the cafe. A few glass doors of the cafe were left open so the air could circulate, which made the area closer to the cafe cooler than the rest of the place.