Chapter 37

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 37 -
Misleading Webs
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"You have no family. All beings on this disgusting world have those who tie them down, but you....you're something more powerful and I WANT IT!!!"

Your eyes widen and your heart leaped inside your chest. "AHHHH!!!!" You screamed in deep pain as the fangs latched between your neck and shoulder. A fiery sensation spread at a very low and agonizing rate.

"This venom is special. Your body, My Dear, will rot and leave your essence behind for me to enjoy. Slow cooked meals are the best." An ash colored hand caresses your cheek before the thorn like nails gently scratched over your skin.

"HEY, GINORMICA!"

"PFFFT!!"

Angry and Red jump around and blow loud raspberries at the female Arachne, then swiftly move throughout the thick webbed tunnels. They made more noises which caused tons of vibrations and gave the Arachne a painful headache.

"BRATS! I HATE CHILDREN!!!" All eight of her legs rushed at an inhuman speed and carried her through the tunnels.

The strong silky webs bonded you tightly by your wrists and half of your body. You didn't know if you should scream or not, but the venom wasn't going to stop until your human body dies.

'How did this even happen?' You thought before passing out.

[2 HOURS EARLIER]

Varian feels your hand entwine with his hand and he sighs at the long distance to the nearest village. "Alright, then I'll guess we'll have to make do with whatever we have to fix the caravan wheel." The slip from his hand, made the young alchemist turn his attention toward you. "(Y/n)?"

You were staring at the deep part of the forest as the melody played. Almost sounding like a music box. "Do you hear that?"

With a raised brow, Varian listened only to hear a faint noise. "Kind of?" He wasn't sure until everyone now stood beside you two.

There wasn't much to tell, although it seems you all heard different things.

"It sounds like a music box." You say.

"I hear a little girl." Rapunzel says with worry. "Why would a little girl be alone in the forest?"

"I don't know, Raps. Seems a little iffy." Cassandra stays close to the princess.

Eugene snorts, "Seriously? You must be deaf, Cassandra. It sounds like a baby......honestly that is worrisome and slightly disturbing."

"Kids. Why would kids be running in the middle of nowhere?" Andrew asked and could clearly hear a little boy crying.

You, Red, Angry, and Willow glance at each other with weird expressions to the others. "I think you guys have got hearing problems, probably from how old you are, but I hear a music box." Angry crossed her arms to prove her point.

"She's right. We should get the caravan fixed before any of you can run off into danger. I'm big on danger, but this is a red flag." Rapunzel's Aunt, Willow, states.

"What if there are innocent kids lost in there?" Rapunzel turns to everyone and smiles in guilt. "Can we check, at least?"

Varian hums in thought then sighs, "Only if you take Cass with you. Maybe even Eugene and Andrew."

Rapunzel nods happily and salutes, "We'll be back in a jiff, Sir Varian." She jokes, yearning a playful eye roll from Varian. "Alright, you guys. You heard, Varian. Let's go check this out." She starts marching with Cassandra running to protect her front. Andrew and Eugene follow behind while talking about....who has better hair lines?