Chapter 31

(P.S. Toddler Varian will be in the next chapter, so will the drawing I did that was meant for this chapter. Enjoy!)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 31 -
Small History Lesson
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Pascal’s mouth hung open and Rapunzel had her hands over her mouth. Rudiger just looked confused and tilts his head, not sure what it all meant.

You see the look on Varian’s face and you knew he wasn't believing it.

Varian puts a hand to his head and he laughs, shaking his head. “I am not buying this. Me? The descendant of Lord Demantius? This is worse than believing magic. Besides why would my dad keep that from me?”

“Because he didn't want you messing with magic.” You said and frown at you hands. “Magic isn't always good and it can get out of control.”

Demantius places a hand on your shoulder to try to comfort you. “Try something and see for yourself.” He holds out his hand as a book comes from the shelf nearby. “Read one. These are the easy ones. If it doesn't work, then I'm wrong.”

Varian tries not to chuckle in humor and takes the book, flipping through the pages. “Alright.”

“Just be careful which one you say-” You warn, but of course, Varian didn't listen.

Incendio.” Varian says plainly and waves his hand around to act like his movement is magical.

Suddenly a small flame shoots from his hand and immediately catches a chair on fire.

“Whoa, WHOA! Put it out!!” Varian panics while dropping the book.

Demantius flicks his hand and the flames go out. “Next time, read the what the charm does. At least you didn't catch a nobleman's cape on fire.”

You choke back a laugh and cover your mouth, which Demantius rolls his eye.

Varian blinks while staring at you then his eyes widen and he is in disbelief, “I-I'm….I'm the Descendant of Lord Demantius.”

You holds him up when he stumbles a bit, “Yeah….um….that's not it.”

Varian stares at you, “What do you mean?”

Demantius points at the door that lead into the room with the crest moon on it. “The very last painting you see will give you the answer.”

You take Varian’s hand in yours, “I'll show you.”

Varian clenches your hand and walks with you, slightly nervous and scared. “Is it something my dad kept from me too?”

“Yes…..though it something you forgot over the years. Your mom told you once, but…..I guess your young mind went elsewhere like alchemy.” You giggle a little bit.

In the room of the Kingdom of Sanghelios. It had the opposite colors of Corona. It was all dark blues, grey, and silver. Even the jewels weren't all colorful. They were sapphires or opals.

What Varian didn't get was all the books of everything. Literature, science, math, astronomy, ect. Above him held the whole heavens above, mainly one that stood out most. A comet streaking past the sun and moon, a drop falling to Earth.

The other paintings on the walls were of people he never recognized. They all had the same colored robes of blue and grey.

“The Kingdom of Sanghelios was home of the People of Knowledge. That's where your mom's parents were born. Even their parents and so forth.”