Chapter 9

(This may be a bit cliché and cheesy....and maybe slight cringy? Anywho, I was in a romance kind of mood, so deal with all this LOVE! Sorry....enjoy.)

*ALSO: Small Reminisce from Book 1

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 9 -
La Vie En Rose (Life In Pink)
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Varian, is there something wrong?"

Varian looks at you after rubbing his shoulder again and gives you a reassuring smile, "I'm okay, (_____). I think that sword was a bit too heavy."

"Oh." You glance at his left shoulder then gently wrap your arm around his, laying your head on his shoulder. You brushed his arm, feeling some power flow to your fingertips.

Varian felt the pain subside then lays his head on yours. "Thanks........"

"You're welcome, I can tell it was bothering you." You stare briefly at a certain spot on his covered shoulder then turn your gaze back to the trail.

"Not only that.....but also my head."

You look at him confused, "What do you mean?"

Varian's blue eyes meet your own eyes and he smiles softly, "That day the magnifying glass hit my head. I just realized that you were the one who healed me."

A blush makes its way to your cheek as you smile shyly, "Well I can't stand you being hurt."

Andrew waves M.O. over and whispers something to him which his glowing blue eyes widen. His metal beak drops a bit then his wings are in a thinking posture.

"IDEA!!!!"

M.O. screams,causing you all to jump from the sudden shout and you all watch him fly off.

"What was that about?" You ask.

Everyone shrugs. "Who knows about that Loose Screw." Eugene says.

Andrew is grinning and Varian narrows his eyes at him in suspicion. You let go and walk to Max, digging in the bag strapped to his saddle. You had an apple in your bag, but you wanted the sunflower seeds.

Andrew helped you when you couldn't find it and it made Varian quite jealous again.

M.O. comes back and drags Varian into the bushes. Varian yells, falling against a tree. "M.O.! What is it?"

You glance back to see Varian gone then look at Rapunzel who shrugs. Cassandra sighs and Rapunzel smiles, placing a hand on her arm,"We should just find a camping spot."

M.O. holds Varian's face and laughs giddily, "Young Love. Ah, just the most precious thing in this word." He boops Varian's nose, "You're the bulls-eye and love will mash and CRUSH you. Ha!"

Varian pushes him, "What? M.O. not happening."

"But that is why you said it's complicated, no? You want to ask the Little Lady properly. I will help!" M.O. points on a direction, "Head Over Yonder and it shall be PREFECT!"

Varian tries to grab the Metal Owl, "M.O.!!!!" He groans and hides in his hand, "This can't be happening. Not now!"

M.O. lands on Max, "I will have the young loves back before nightfall! PROCYON LOTOR!"

Rudiger chitters in confusion at M.O.

"Follow." He flies in a direction with Rudiger following.