Chapter 36

Sorry if this one is short.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 36 -
Each Day Has Its Own Name
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Feelings were mutual when it came to leaving the 100 Acre Forest and Demanitus never once gave you all a farewell…..or at least a possible good luck on the journey ahead. Though it was pushed away once Eugene started up shenanigans with Rapunzel's Aunt Willow and the two girls, Red and Angry.

That silly behaviour was annoying Cassandra and making Andrew laugh.

Unfortunately, it didn't faze you, Varian, and Rapunzel. The three of you sat inside Willow's caravan and stared at the piece of scroll that Varian's father kept a while back.

The last action and words Demanitus had given:

A long rolled up scroll which you three had yet to open to place the torn piece to. "This is the compendium of Sanghelios." He states and holds it out to Varian. "A very powerful and mystical object that was created by gods; The Oraculum."

Varian takes it in confusion, "Why are you giving this to us?"

You catch Demanitus take a glance at you and he exhales stressfully, "It is dangerous to know and see the future of any paths you'll take, yet it's also good to know what options you can take on how you want this journey to end…..or begin." He points to Varian's satchel, "It won't work unless the scroll is complete and the last piece has been with you. When you're ready to see, then place the piece together."

With that he turns and leaves into his room.

Varian opens the Book of Sanghelios and flips
through the pages. "The Oraculum is an illustrated scroll that tells the history and future of certain events of any worlds. Each day/chapter has its own name and picture."

Rapunzel shivers a little, "Maybe ...we should wait. I know it very tempting, but…" She shakes her head and takes Pascal to hold him in comfort.

You nod in agreement because you felt so very tempted and very curious to see how your journey would end. How many options you had, though, you had a small idea during the whole seeing your two self's in the mirror. Your fingers brush through Rudiger's fur.

MO had been oddly quiet as well and looked to be sleeping, but you guys knew better.

Rapunzel being Rapunzel decided to lighten the mood. "How about we stretch our legs?" She stands up from the bed and goes over to stick her head out the window.

Everything began to make you feel anxious and you start to feel that phantom pain come back. By now it seems it only returns when your emotions are too much or you're overthinking things. Why did this have to happen to you or your friends?

"(___)."

You look at Varian and feel his hands grasp your own.

Varian smiles tenderly and leans his forehead against yours, "Rapzunel's right. Let's leave this alone and try to enjoy the free time we have on this journey." The streak in his hair glows softly and the pain goes away. "Remember, we're here to keep each other safe."

"I remember." You say and smile warmly before leaning in.

Varian leans in as well and you both close your eyes.

"GUESS WHAT?!" MO screams in your faces.

You fall backwards onto the floor and Varian glares at MO. "Nobody cares!" Varian strains and feeling frustrated at the sudden interruption of the moment. He gets up and helps you to your feet.

"Yes they do! People want fun times on this journey! So get up and go find adventure, ya silly kids." MO flies up to pat Varian's face with a happy expression.

You roll your eyes and lean against Varian, "MO, who in the world would want to know about our journey? Even if it's some kind of thing with you, but no one would like our adventures like it's some kind of enjoyable story they could imagine themselves in."

MO gets close to your face then giggles uncontrollably while fluttering out the window, "I BEG TO DIFFER!"

Varian goes to say something, but you hold up a hand. "It's best not to question anything he says." You take his hand and you step out to sit next to Cass and Rapunzel in front of the small caravan.

"Anything that's planned ahead?" Varian asked.

Cassandra sighs and hums in thought, "Nothing much. Possibly a couple stops here and there before we reach Crescentia Seaport which we hope to get a ride across the waters. That's it for now until we get across."

"Maybe that's where Adira went?" You wonder aloud.

"Hopefully." Varian says.

The slightly rough road came to a slow stop of the caravan once there was a fork in the road. The two wooden signs going off to different destinations and you knew which road you're taking, but why did you guys stop.

"Why are we sto-WAH!" Cass falls on top of you and Varian while Rapunzel clings to the seat as you three yell at the hard jerk to the side.

Half of the caravan was tilted to the side and two of the wheels had fallen off.

"Are you alright?!" Andrew and Eugene run over to help you guys.

Willow walks over to the side of her caravan and hums in question, "That's never happened to my caravan before." Red and Angry pick up the two wheels. Willow taps her chin and grins, "No matter, it'll take awhile to fix this, so I guess we settle for today."

You sigh, "Great." This was good and bad, since you wanted to get to the end of this journey, but also didn't want to where everything will fall apart. You weren't ready yet.

Next to you, Varian had been thinking the same thing. "I could fix it, but I'm going to need some parts to make it more sturdy. That way it doesn't happen again." He pulls his goggles around his neck and runs his hand through his hair in slight distress. "Are there any villages nearby? Towns?"

Cass walks toward the caravan door, "I'll check." It didn't take her long to get back and she looked slightly upset. "The next village isn't for another 32 miles."

You take Varian's hand as he sighs. "Alright, then I guess we'll make do with whatever we have to fix it."

His voice drowns out while you hear something in the forest to the side. Though you didn't know which direction. The left or the right.

Beckoning.

Whispering?

It confused you and it made you quite curious at the feeling it gave you. Your foot takes a step in it's direction and follow the gentle pull.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Music Box: Walk left.]

[Totem Pole: Walk right.]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whichever option you pick first will be the adventure pastime you'll take and the second will be later on or the next after the first. So that way, if your vote doesn't get picked first, it can appear later.

I'll see which option has more votes in the…..first 10 comments. One vote for each of you guys.

I hope you're all still enjoying this story. Later!