Chapter 28

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 28 -
Unexpected Circumstances
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Willow juggled mangos and laughs, “You guys want to see a trick?”

“Sure! Sounds fun!” Rapunzel says though everyone look unsure.

Willow places the mangos down and holds one in her hands. “Why does everyone give me that look Every. Time. I want to show a trick?” She laughs and tosses the mango up into the tree.

“Uh….” Eugene chuckles. “I think you missed.”

Red pokes his arm and shakes her head.

“What?”

Willow giggles and holds out her hand with a smug grin, “I wasn't aiming for anything particular.” The mango lands in her hand completely peeled.

Red and Rapunzel's eyes widen as well as yours. “Can I try?” The three of you say at the same time.

“Well get on over here and grab mango!” Willow juggles them again. “All aboard the mango train!”

You catch a mango and grin excitedly. “So you just toss it into the tree?”

“AND believe.” Willow winks and grins, giving Rapunzel and Red a mango.

You giggle and toss the fruit up above you. It didn't take long when the mango is falling into your hands peeled. “I did it!”

“Great!” Willow ruffles your hair.

“Look!” Red jumps excitedly in front of Eugene and Angry with her peeled mango in her hands.

Rapunzel happily eats her mango.

Willow glances at the tree and smirks, “Hey, Pretty Boy. I dare you to try it.” She tosses Eugene a mango.

“Oh, I'll take that dare.” Eugene says smugly, “Prepared to be amazed by Eugene Fitzherbert.” He tosses a mango up and holds out his hand.

You snicker once you see that Rudiger had caught Eugene's mango and drops the peel.

Eugene waits and waits before looking up at the tree. “Is it supposed to take this long? Ah!” The mango peel lands on his face. “What- Hey!” The seed of the mango bounces off his head. “The tree ate my mango!”

Everyone laughs.

Rudiger chitters and lands on Eugene's head hopping off. Eugene falls to the ground.

“So!” Willow clasps her hands while Peanut shakes her bell. “Punzel, I need to talk to you for a moment. And the rest of you guys, can have whatever food I have left in the caravan.”

Rudiger was on your head and you grin, going over to the caravan with Red and Angry. You go inside, “So, Eugene's your Big Brother too?” You ask and find some bonbons.

“Not blood related, but he grows on you and he helped us.” Angry says and sits on the bed with piece of cheese.

Red smiles and you hand her some bon bons. “He never gave up on us.” She said softly.

You remember when Eugene took a dagger for you when Mother Gothel tried to get you when you were down. She still got you a little bit later, but Eugene did risk his life your own.

“Yeah. He changed after he meet Rapunzel and he nearly died for me. He's my big brother too.” You feel the scar from the second time Gothel got you.