Chapter 24

(Sorry that it's short. Next chapter will explain things.)

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 24 -
The Smolder Says, “Hi….How Ya Doin’?"
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

“Why are we here again?”

“I just want to take a look at the Scepter, then we can head back to the others.”

You tilt your head at Eugene as he looks around the corner of the dark hallway and smiles when there were no guards around.

Being inside the Royal Duke of Dahara’s household was very risky. It was also weird how there were no guards on the inside, just a few on patrol on the outside.

“Isn't the Scepter in the Throne Room?”

Eugene waves a hand and pick locks a secret door in a painting. “Hello, it's just a replica. Just for show. The REAL thing is always on heavy locked down.”

The door opens and he pats your head with a gleeful smile, “If you were a thief your whole life, you'd understand.”

You blink as he goes into the pitch black opening. “Eugene.”

“Flynn.”

You narrow your eyes in confusion. “Um...okay. FLYNN. Can we leave now? This feels like it could end badly.”

“You could say that for yourself.” He mumbles and lites a torch.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He grins and puts an arm around you. “So…..what kind of ring do you think Blondie would like, if I got a new one?”

A figure quietly follows you two without both of you being aware. His olive eyes raise a brow in suspicion and continues to follow.

Without all of them knowing, two small figures follow and doing their duties as Dahara’s protectors.

Eugene pulls a lever as a very heavy door opens up to a room full of treasures. A vault.

You see Eugene's eyes widen and he rubs his hands, grinning happily, “Jackpot!”

You're handed a bag and you hold it out, “Eu-”

“Flynn Rider. I should have never told anyone my real name...it sounds so stupid.” He puts gold into a bag and nearly squeals at the sight of the rings. “Okay. One that will fit a princess. Now, (_____) just a little advice from moi. He who has the gold can get what he wants. Oh just imagine! My own castle view!”

He hold up a gold cup, “Raising every glass and rouse every cheer! Flynn Rider will get his dream, especially by marrying the Princess, I can get all that I desire.” He picks up a gold ring with a large diamond.

You shove him and he drops the bag.

“Hey, hey, hey!”

You kick the bag away, “What is wrong with you, Eugene?”

Eugene sighs and rubs his face, “Right. I got carried away.” He puts the ring in his pocket and grins, “Thanks for snapping me out of that one, (____).” He pats your head.

You smiled, only to frown when he goes up to a silver scepter with opals surrounding a clear orbuculum.

“Now I can get what I was being paid for.” He takes it and pulls out handcuffs with weird symbols etched into the metal. “Hey, can you put these on?”

A hand gently pulls you behind someone you see it's Andrew. “Andrew?”

Eugene groans in annoyance.

“You should put that back, Fitzherbert. We don't want to get in trouble here in this city.” Andrew says.

You weren't so talkative today and that was because you were so confused about Eugene, then it didn't help that he stormed off after telling Rapunzel he lost the ring. He was really upset about the whole proposing thing.

“Say the one who is already in trouble since day one in Corona.” Eugene retorts. “Do you promise to Serpent Cassandra? You know she's hard to love, might as well give up besides it's better to be alone.”

Andrew glares, “You're being a real dirtbag, Eugene Fitzherbert.”

“FLLLLYNN RIIIIDER. Can anyone get that be considerate of my feelings here?”

“It's not Flynn Rider.” You say.

“Uh, yes it is.”

“No it's not.”

“Yes it is.”

You were about to use your powers, but Andrew beat you in action.

The scepter is yanked, but Eugene keeps a hold on it as Andrew tries to take it away. You stood there and wonder what went wrong throughout the day to make all this happen.

You feel cuffs clip onto your wrists and you stare at it. “What the hay?”

Eugene and Andrew fall, now tied to each other and two figures land quietly between you three. Soon guards come in as well.

It was two kids. One with short black hair and one with long red hair.

“Red! Angry!” Eugene grins in happiness, “Help me out here, yeah?”

Angry glares at him and waves for the guards to get Eugene and Andrew. Red comes up to you and smiles, waving to follow them out.

“Crime fighters now? Wow, I'm really surprised.” Eugene is lying causally on the cell bed and smiles at the two girls.

You and Andrew narrow your eyes at him.

“Eugene! Oh! Red, Angry!” Rapunzel sighs in relief then tilts her head. “What's going on?”

Eugene smolders at Rapunzel, "Hi, Blondie. How ya doin'?"

Cass and Rapunzel glance at each other.

“They were trying to steal the Scepter of Dahara.” Angry says.

Varian and Cass are now crossing their arms with disapproving looks.

You blush in embarrassment and glance down. The three of you were caught in the treasure vault, plus Eugene has a past with thieving and Andrew was suppose to be locked up.

This wasn't looking good at all.