Chapter 10

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Chapter 10 -
Short Fun Before Bailing
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The sun was setting and neared twilight hour while you and Varian walked down the trail back to camp. M.O. was again leading the way, while Rudiger purrs around Varian's shoulders.

Both your hands are held together and swinging lightly. M.O. was humming the whole way and flying randomly, seeming to be in his own world. You and Varian chuckle at him.

“Your mom made a very unique creation.” You say.

“I guess this is what she was always working on in the lab and M.O. maybe annoying, but he's himself. A living being.”

You both laugh softly.

It grew to a comfortable silence, well one with random humming from a certain metal bird.

You slowed a little when the sound of music is faintly heard. Music that you always love to hear like at the Snuggly Duckling. You glance at M.O. then to the direction of the dancing music.

A grin makes its way to your face.

Varian looks to you when you gently tug his hand and you put a finger to your lips, silently telling him to be quiet. He nearly yells when you drag him away while you run.

Luckily, M.O. didn’t hear you since he was preoccupied.

“ALRIGHT! We're almost back and I think I did good watching over you two love bir-” M.O. turns his head to look at an empty trail. “.......”

“Sweet Honey Iced Tea.” He whines, falling face first onto the dirt. Shooting back up, he flies around and whistles, “Come on! Come here kiddos! Come on!” He whistles again like he's calling a dog.

-

You pant heavily with Varian and stop after you spot lights of a town. “I knew it.”

“(____)…..What…..what are you doing?” Varian tries to catch his breath.

You grin and pull him along again, “Taking this moment to have fun!”

Varian stares with wide eyes at the certain place you're heading to after going past all the homes that had their lights out. “Wait, wait, wait!” He stops, “A Pub?”

“Yeah.”

“No.” He crosses his arms, “You don't know what kind of people are in there a-and they might be different from your ruffian friends.”

You place your hands behind your back and smirk, “It'll be fuuuuuun.” You stroll right through the doors.

Varian glances at Rudiger who had woken up and Rudiger just smiles with his one tooth sticking out. “You're right, Rudiger. Let's just have fun…...but also keep an eye on my girlfriend.”

He stops and feels his face heat up before smiling happily, “Wow. That feels so amazing saying that!”

In the pub, you waited by the door and smile once Varian walks through. “Finally!” You grab his hand and run down to the crowded place.

There were so many ruffians, thugs, and even some who were there to enjoy drinks and music. Two guys by the door raise a brow at you two.

“Did you check their ID’s, Mate?”

“Who cares, just say we didn't see them or somethin’.”

You held Varian's hands and held his arms up with yours as you skip through an opening between some people. “Woo!” You laugh and let go of Varian to link your arm with his, “I love it here!!”